Mini-HID's

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Mac,
I am interested in getting one of your HID flashlights.
Can i still order one?

Mikeg23

Enlightened
LuxLuthor said:
Mac, seeing that other BST thread...prompts me to ask if you plan on making any more of these. Sign me up if you do.

No doubt, I would love a pocket size HID but I can't wrap my mind around being stuck with rechargeables.

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
LuxLuthor said:
It's that Green Goblin Elephant Hid I just got. It has taken over my brain just like the Spiderman movie.

I'd like to see you post a pic of that Zombie light saber over on the USN... :laughing: He he, you'd be hearing footsteps behind you in moments...:duck: :eek:

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mikeg23 said:
No doubt, I would love a pocket size HID but I can't wrap my mind around being stuck with rechargeables.

If you look at the first post this is for Mini HID's which utilize 4x CR123 non rechargeable cells. The Mini Mini HID uses the R123 cells.

Mac

Mikeg23

Enlightened
Yea I know what I meant by my statement is that mostly what seems to be available uses 17670s or something. I would like a Mini HID, but they don't seem to come up for sale often.

Empyfree

Enlightened
Has anybody done a "before and after" comparison shot of a stock 3D maglite next to one of these beautys? I think it would be an amusing photograph. I've PM'd cmacclel to inquire about buying one, if you got my PM then could you please change what I asked for to include a finned head!?

Cheers.

Empyfree

Enlightened
I'd like to try and get one of these before heading out to camp america in the summer, If you're going to do another run please let me know.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Empyfree said:
Has anybody done a "before and after" comparison shot of a stock 3D maglite next to one of these beautys? I think it would be an amusing photograph.

I don't have a 3D but from left to right: Mini 700L with FM deep reflector, Mini HID with Kiu bezel, FM 700L 1.5D, and standard 2D Mag.
img4261smallyj4.jpg

Hope this helps.
-LT

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Senses said:
Which throws better, the mini 700L or the mini HID?

I just took them outside and the beamshape patterns are very similar and output is not too far off but I'd give the win to the mini HID. The color temp is drastically different which might also be why it looks to me to be brighter. I've noticed that the "HID white" tends to appear to be brighter even when tests show my eyes shouldn't be able to discern a difference.

I like both lights a lot but tend to use the mini 700L more because of the rechargeable batteries. I'd like to get a mini HID that is set up for 3 Pila type Li-ions.

-LT

Empyfree

Enlightened
Nice pic, I like the Kiu bezel on the mini mag, I've still not heard anything from cmacclel... I'd really like to order one of these!

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Empyfree said:
Nice pic, I like the Kiu bezel on the mini mag, I've still not heard anything from cmacclel... I'd really like to order one of these!

Give hime some time, he is a very busy man :)

kalkwasser

Newly Enlightened
Hi Mac,

I have drop you a email and still waiting for your parts availability confirmation and reply. I am all ready for payment...

Cheers!