• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Mini Taglight Pre-Pay Sale: A G10, Carbon Fiber, And Titanium EDC

tshirley

Newly Enlightened
Frystormer you are a reputable member here and I appreciate that as does everyone else. Sabrewolf needs to be kicked off the forum he has stolen from people. He was willing to take money from me a year ago! Gave me PP addy. It's a shame does good work but a crook is a crook needs to be kicked off this forum. I was not even taken advantage of but he tried. I am still pissed want him off here. Sorry to all who were taken advantage of by this hustler. Anyone here u Robert stole from want him kicked off?

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I will try to handle this as best I can for now however first let me say that members are responsible for their own transactions. In no way shape or form will we ignore actual theft from our membership however actual theft can take some time to discover.

There is a difference between a true theft and poor service. There is also a difference between theft and bad luck or misfortune. In order to qualify for a hall of shame entry there must first be a true dishonest and intentional act of theft or in the very least a widespread act of deceit or other type behavior.

If you read the sticky in the hall of shame it states to forward information to Greta for approval. I will bring this to the other mods attention however again please understand that staff will not become involved in resolving private transactions that have already started. If it is believed that a member is intentionally being dishonest we can see to it that it stops......poor service and bad judgement does not equal intentional theft and is purely a civil agreement.

I have seen some who start with good intentions and for some reasons misfortune forces the deal to collapse. I have also seen some simply lie to members and in a few rare situations legal action was taken. My point is that if a sale goes bad it is often buyer beware and staff simply can not police each transaction. Surely we will do our best to see that our membership is well informed however again please understand that the actual sale of items is best controlled by those who participate.

I have been absent for some time for personal reasons and as such do not know if this certain issue has already been discussed by staff. I will submit it to my fellow mods, as well as Greta, and we shall see how it plays out. Trust me I feel for all involved as it is a real kick in the teeth to pay and not receive....especially when you are excited about something we all are passionate about (a new light).

scout24

Flashaholic
I think we can all understand getting in over your head, but screwing fellow hobbyists? I've stayed out of this thread, despite having ordered and pre-payed over 2 1/2 years ago now. I haven't "requested" a refund. There's a list in the first few posts of who Robert owes money to, he knows who we are. I'm not wasting my time sending emails, nor will I waste more time posting here. Buyer Beware... I'd have been happier if he just went away rather than continuing to offer work while stringing us along. Talent and creativity do not always translate into ethical business practices. I wish him luck, elsewhere.

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
If he isn't a candidate for the Hall of Shame by now, he's at least worthy of a Sticky...If he wasn't being dishonest, he would at the very least be here communicating with the people he owes.

jefft

Enlightened
Had a reply early last month. Same excuses. Prior response mentioned "some" people were receiving refunds. Obviously, I was not "some". Would be interested in knowing who actually received a refund, if any.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
And no hall of shame either, I'll never understand that one :(

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Fact is, nobody is getting a refund.
2 years and nothing from this guy...
Hasn't logged on CPF for over a year.
More or less another 'Cheetham' scam.
If there's any consolation it's that he's not visibly out there thumbing his nose at everyone like Rob is, with continued marketing and sales, but looks unfortunately to be spot on - no refunds, no response, no remorse.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know the answer but, what the hey!!?? I have two of these in Titanium that I bought some time ago. They both charge but, can't be turned off and...duh...discharge. I opened one up and found the electronics are potted with some sort of Silicon. Any ideas of could repair the switches? I did start with "I know the answer"....sooooo

Karl

sunny_nites

Enlightened
It looks like most of the Taglights used the X-light Micro controller. I have seen the processor on those have problems if they are turned on and off rapidly. Sometimes it only takes a couple of cycles to cause the problem.

The processor problem that I have seen, will cause the light to only work in momentary mode, ie. they only stay on while the switch is pressed down and the variable brightness function won't work. The fix for that problem is to remove power from the circuit for a few seconds.

Tough to do if the whole thing has been potted in silicone though and unfortunately, letting the battery run down wont do it either as the lithium polymer protection circuit will put the battery in a low power mode and it will still output 3.2v to the light control circuit (if the batteries he used have protection circuits that is). I guess if you let it sit long enough, the battery really would run out of power and not supply anything but the protection circuit might keep the battery from accepting a charge at that point.

That being said though, I'm not sure if that is what is going on with your lights. I have never seen an X-light Micro controller "stuck" in the on position like that.

The above information probably isn't much help to you but basically, I think the silicone would have to be removed and the circuits exposed to have a chance at fixing them.

Last edited:

Joseph Milton

Enlightened
I paid $250 for a full Ti model...not happening!

But, I love his mini-chimera! Mine finally died, so I took it apart & found the battery had "enlarged" itself. It pushed the Ti a little bit, but I think it would seal up if I could get a new battery in it. Problem is, these were all custom batteries that Robert formed to get into the body!

Anyone have any success changing batteries?

Joseph

sunny_nites

Enlightened
Take a look at Amazon and search for the capacity of battery you want and lipo. You should find a lot of options.

Seems like most of the smaller capacity lipos are meant for remote controlled airplanes of some sort. I have bought a bunch of the 150 mahs and have been very happy with the quality.