MiniCreeVN

Capolini

Banned
:cool: pay the few extra $ and get the XPG2 PDTc like I have! It will be worth it and it is still plenty bright and it throws pretty much further,,that is why Vinh put it in mine!

EDIT: MINE IS ALSO DD-SINGLE MODE. I know not everyone likes that, but if you do, at least w/ my version heat is not an issue. I used it for 7 minutes the other night in 80F/26.6C temp and it was fine,warm but not too hot. I could hold it easily without any problem. Once you get to 7,8 minutes it actually starts getting a little cooler as the battery starts to get a bit weaker.

EFEST IMR 14500 700mAh. 4.22V TO START- 3 min increments/5 min. rest[then Voltage check]/tail stand/no fan/LOFT TEMP. 84F[28.88C]

3 MIN=3.97V
6 MIN=3.83V
9 MIN=3.74V
12 MIN=3.65V
15 MIN=3.56V

I like changing batteries ~ 8 or 9 min. I like max power all the time! ;) This should give you an idea if you choose my version!

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
I did my test "solo" and I believe I shed light on the tower from 495m/541yds=61.5Kcd! I also believe in absolute verification! That is where my assistant tialini will enter the picture over the weekend if the weather cooperates! She will be positioned right next to the cell tower! The cell tower is the same tower that I tested the TK61vn V4 at. It is located on the former grounds of the Police station. All the cops know me as a flashaholic! As I was doing this test one of the Officers drove by and waved to me. He is probably thinking, "there is that crazy[but nice] Flashaholic again"!

GOOGLE MAP TEST SITE BELOW

YMCA-MiniCreeVN%20Test-495m-541yds._zpskez2a6ba.jpg

EDIT: Upon further review I UNDERESTIMATED the TOTAL distance because of my improper position of the CELL TOWER! I went to the site to verify its EXACT position! The tower is an additional 20 yards back than I have it on my map!

This makes the MiniCreeVN 70Kcd/529m/578y!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am so impressed and astonished with this little light. I brought my assistant, tialini for verification purposes.I first tested it at the 61.5Kcd/495m/541yrd mark that I have on the map. It shed light. So I went further back to 70Kcd/529m/578y which is to the parking lot, as far back as I can go and still being able to see the tower. It shed light again! I asked tialini if she thinks that it would be enough light to read a book!!! :crackup: She said yes!

This light is at least 70Kcd/529m/578yds of throw!:twothumbs

I declare the MiniCreeVN XPG2 DD SINGLE MODE VERSION A MUST HAVE!

I ALSO TESTED MY TX25C2vn V3 DD SINGLE MODE XPG2 AT THE SAME LOCATION AND TO NO SURPRISE OF MINE IT PASSED THE 65Kcd test!

I did not feel like going in the high weeds/crab grass tonight [270Kcd/280Kcd locations] to verify the M2Xvn. So I tested that and the SR52vn from the 250Kcd/1000m/1093yd mark.*** Of course I knew they would make it but I was surprised when tialini told me the SR52vn V2 shed more light!

Then for kicks I tested the TK75vn KT from the same location. It lit up the YMCA 400yards ahead of me and lit up the tower very nicely!

To end my story. I will be taking the TK75vn, SR52vn,M2Xvn ""U3" and my next arrival the M2Xvn XPG2 DD SINGLE MODE to the water tower where I already have calibrated/marked spots.

*** Actually when I think of it I should not be surprised. It proves the V2[DRIVERvn] has more output than Stock SR52.From a visual perspective the M2Xvn seemed brighter than my SR52 original version...obviously NOT the case w/ Drivervn in my upgraded version. I left the same "U3" LED in for tint preference, so that is not the reason:)

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
I believe this light is capable of 80Kcd/565m/617y. I am going to see if I can find a clear line of sight from the other angle[Golf course] where I tested the TK61vn V4.:popcorn:

EDIT:THE GOLF COURSE DID NOT HAVE A CLEAR SHOT, SO I WENT TO CHURCH! St. JOHN'S CHURCH SITS ON A HILL. IT WAS PERFECT WITH A GREAT VIEW OF THE TOWER AND JUST ENOUGH ROOM TO GET MY 80Kcd test a shot. This time tialini TENDED TO THE TORCH AND I WENT TO OBSERVE UNDER THE TOWER.

SUCCESS!! IT SHED ENOUGH LIGHT IN MY BOOK TO READ A BOOK!:D

THIS TEST STARTED AT 40Kcd! I believe this will be my last distance test for this light,,and To the relief of the peanut gallery! HOPEFULLY JUSTIN WILL GET THIS EXACT VERSION AND MEASURE IT. I AM CONFIDENT IF IT IS JUST LIKE MINE IT WILL BE 80Kcd and maybe a little more!

:thumbsup: MiniCreeVN-80Kcd/565m/617y:bow:

NEW MAP BELOW!

MiniCreeVN-80Kcd_zpsjix4cs3a.jpg

Last edited:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I read the thread correctly. The LUX measurements where never actually measured but implied from you being able to see the line shinned at X meters away?

Regardless; a AA/14500 light with DD XPG2 is awesome and congrats!

Capolini

Banned
If I read the thread correctly. The LUX measurements where never actually measured but implied from you being able to see the line shinned at X meters away?

Regardless; a AA/14500 light with DD XPG2 is awesome and congrats!

YES,,,,I do not have equipment to measure it nor the camera to record it. I do have Google Earth for accurate measurement and my assistant positioned under the target[cell tower] to determine if light was shed. Is it exactly .25lux @ 1meter? I do not know. The light that I saw and tialini saw in prior tests seemed like it was enough light to read a book,,,,or the illumination of a Full moon on a field!

To me this is better in a way because it is VISUAL where one actually sees the light and not just a number!After all,,hobbyists are just that. There are so many factors in measuring lux/lumens,,,7 people can get 7 different readings!

With ALL that said,,,I look forward to Vinh making one as close to mine as possible and sending it to Jmpaul320 to see what he gets.

I would be VERY surprised[based on his measurements of other lights I tested like this] if the MiniCreeVN was not at least ANSI 70Kcd!:)

lumentia

Enlightened
Capolini is usually pretty close on his CD estimates, and it probably also helps that he can compare them to other lights that have been measured.

Capolini

Banned
^^^^ Thanks lumentia!

I am pretty confident this is 80Kcd or very close to it.Tested it from the same spot @ the church on the hill. 565m/617y/80Kcd.

Last night was a beautiful night. Mostly clear,~ 64F, great visibility and low humidity. The first time I tested it from "The Church" it was humid out and there was some heat lightning! That was slightly distracting.

So I brought my assistant tialini. I was at the base of the cell tower and she shined the torch from the Church! This cell tower is 120' tall. The torch shed light and the top 1/3 of the tower,,,basically started ~ 80' and up to the top. I am confident if I was up there w/ a book I would have sufficient light to read!!!

A good comparison was that the amount of light shed was very similar to the output of my S10 on LOW which is 5 lumens,,,,,,,,plenty to read a book!

I really look forward to Vinh duplicating my mod- XPG2 DD SINGLE MODE and sending it to Justin.:thumbsup:

EDIT: The primary reason I went back was that tialini was having difficulty talking on the phone and keeping the light "extended" and steady on the target! I have bigger hands it is much easier for me!

This time she brought her head set and it was much easier for her.She did a good job of holding it steady and I was able to see the light on the tower for 8 to 10 seconds. :cool:
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On a side note I was there less than 2 minutes and Three cops showed up!!! Two uniformed and One in plain clothes! They were wondering what I was doing under the cell tower. I told them and then I showed them my M2Xvn XPG2 DD SINGLE MODE LASER on my hip! the Female officer was very impressed!

None were Officer Acquilanti who is a flashaholic himself and knows me a little from encounters like this and flashaholic conversations!

The exciting life of a flashaholic. Pretty soon the Police are going to start charging me to use the tower!

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Stock came in but they send me the 18650 verison...LOL

I guess I will do 18650 version first then!

jso902

Enlightened
+1 great starter light. I changed the led to a Nichia and it was kinda fun to use. Great base that needs a few upgrades to turn into a rocket light. The aspheric lens really helps.