Mjölnir, thy competition has a name: KLARUS XT20 (review, runtimes, pics, beamshots)

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great review! I like the idea of using both the XR20 and SC600 as bike light, thats like what 2000OTF lumens? Probably brighter than the H3 incans used in cars.

I'm liking the combination. But the SC600 kind of goes back and forth. I like it as a helmet light or backup to the XT20 or sometimes used in conjunction with the XT20 on the handlebar.

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the excellent review, I just ordered mine and will be using it as a night weapon light.

Hey, SkyPup -- can you tell me what kind of mount you'll be using to mount the XT20 and to what kind of weapon? I had a hunter express some interest in the light but I have no clue about weapon light mounts. I'm really just curious myself.

SkyPup

Newly Enlightened
Hey, SkyPup -- can you tell me what kind of mount you'll be using to mount the XT20 and to what kind of weapon? I had a hunter express some interest in the light but I have no clue about weapon light mounts. I'm really just curious myself.

The Klarus XT 20 simply has the easiest to use single hand UI (no need for a remote switch) and the best combination of superior throw and flood out to 250 yards of any weapon mount torch that I have seen yet. This makes for an outstanding weapon mounted night hunting light.

I use a 900 lumen Red LED light to scan constantly for retinas and when I find one I use the Klarus XT20 momentarily for the shot.

The mount is just a simple 1" diameter mount:

http://www.batteryjunction.com/m20-gun-mount.html

I have it mounted to my SIG 556 for coyote and hog hunting:

Klarus%20XT20B.jpg

Klarus%20XT20.jpg

KlarusXT20%20Body.jpg

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Klarus XT 20 simply has the easiest to use single hand UI (no need for a remote switch) and the best combination of superior throw and flood out to 250 yards of any weapon mount torch that I have seen yet. This makes for an outstanding weapon mounted night hunting light.

I use a 900 lumen Red LED light to scan constantly for retinas and when I find one I use the Klarus XT20 momentarily for the shot.

The mount is just a simple 1" diameter mount:

http://www.batteryjunction.com/m20-gun-mount.html

I have it mounted to my SIG 556 for coyote and hog hunting:

Hey, thanks for elaborating, SkyPup. :thumbsup:

One question: I see that you mention there is not a need for a remote switch, but I'm wondering if you considered use of the Klarus ED10 pressure switch at all? Or do you feel that the length of the XT20 and positioning of the tailcap switches make the pressure switch pretty much unnecessary? I'm wondering if the ED10 Pressure Switch might actually add some ergonomic/ease of use value (but with limited hunting experience, I don't have a good frame of reference for this).

Thanks again, SkyPup.

SkyPup

Newly Enlightened
I have been using an Olight M-20X and the remote pressure switch for it and the wiring is too much of a hassle when walking through the woods at night getting hung up on branches and such, it is much much better to have no remote pressure switch at all. The UI on the XT20 is remarkably easy to use with my left hand for turning on or off or momentarily turning it on, so simple and reliable without the added hassle of the remote.

This light completely lights up everything out to 250 yards (which is the maximum kill range of my hunting carbine) with a really great throw and flood combined, best of both worlds IMHO...

varuscelli

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been using an Olight M-20X and the remote pressure switch for it and the wiring is too much of a hassle when walking through the woods at night getting hung up on branches and such, it is much much better to have no remote pressure switch at all. The UI on the XT20 is remarkably easy to use with my left hand for turning on or off or momentarily turning it on, so simple and reliable without the added hassle of the remote.

Thanks -- I appreciate your feedback and opinions on the pressure switch.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not big on pressure switches. My patrol carbine is set so I can just use the tail switch. I'm probably going to get a second XT-10 to try as a carbine light

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thx TB! I've added additional indoor shots on all levels to the original review (search 12/12) and you click here for comparo vs. many other lights.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thx TB! I've added additional indoor shots on all levels to the original review (search 12/12) and you click here for comparo vs. many other lights.
:D

does anyone know if they'll come out with an XT21 any time soon? I realize the XT11 uses a U2 unlike the XT10 but i figured since the XT11 came out relatively soon after the XT10 did (right?) they might update this light somehow. anyone have any guess?

i want this light though!

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the only difference between the XT11 and XT10 was a U2 vs. T6 then it's doubtful we'll see an update as the XT20 already has U2's.

Perhaps you can check directly with them as they have a thread over on CPFMP.

Latest posts