Modlite/arisaka P60 build?

rlex

Newly Enlightened
A bit of a weird question, i believe.
I want to build modular flashlight (not for firearms, so recoil isn't a problem)
My idea was to use:

1) Modlite 18650 body
2) Some SF tailcap assembly, maybe SR07
3) E to C adapter (oveready, maybe?)
4) M2 bezel
5) And, well, whatever p60 drop-in i will need

Question is, will it work? I know LF heads are not compatible with arisaka 300/600 bodies (tolerance difference in the threads), but there is not alot of info about modlite bodies.

Thanks in advance.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just to help us answer you. If you don't want to mount this on a firearm, why are you drawn to the Modlite body? It seems to be complicating the whole light as you are having to use an adaptor to fit an M series head.
Would you not be better to look at a different 18650 P60 host, like a Malkoff?

Sorry, not criticising, it would just help if you explain your motivation.

:welcome:
P

rlex

Newly Enlightened
Just to help us answer you. If you don't want to mount this on a firearm, why are you drawn to the Modlite body? It seems to be complicating the whole light as you are having to use an adaptor to fit an M series head.
Would you not be better to look at a different 18650 P60 host, like a Malkoff?

Sorry, not criticising, it would just help if you explain your motivation.

:welcome:
P

Airsoft/milsim usage. By "no firearm" i meant that i don't need heavy-duty heads that can survive actual recoil, but i still need rail-mounted flashlight with relatively cheap / replaceable lenses, since they tend to get broken after several BBs. Plus i love surefire pressure buttons. Very comfortable to use.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
The Modlite body does make it more difficult to put all that together but sounds like it all would work. As posted above it would be much easier to get a body designed for handheld use. But if your hearts set on that body it should work. Good luck

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe the Modlite threads on the head side aren't exactly normal E Series. They match the Surefire Scout DF head, which also isn't compatible with normal E Series bodies.

rlex

Newly Enlightened
I believe the Modlite threads on the head side aren't exactly normal E Series. They match the Surefire Scout DF head, which also isn't compatible with normal E Series bodies.

Arisaka 600 then, maybe? I will need 16650 then but that's not a big deal.

rlex

Newly Enlightened
It worked.
Ended up with arisaka 300 + lumesfactory E to C + lumensfactory seraph sp-9.
Since i used 300 body i ended up using lumensfactory D26-LED 2.7V-4.5V, single-mode.

Surefire tail + ST07 tape switch (costs more than all other components combined, huh)

Might as well try other dropins later, but i got what i wanted - fully modular flashlight with easily replaceable parts for my airsoft AEG.

Pics with p60 build and pics with lumensfactory E series head (for upcoming 600 body):

7UuEDd2.jpg

i14xSBr.jpg

Croquette

Enlightened
I love P60 lights but your build seems over complicated. Why not the unified Z70 from oveready ? Or a bored surefire 6p ?

Latest posts