• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Mondrian Might Be Rolling Over in His Grave

fyrstormer

Banned
Cool! That makes it really easy to upgrade in the future. Is the design flexible enough to allow for a reflector to be stuffed in between the light engine and the lense if the user wants one? I guess that would require a really long tailcap spring, but it would be really cool too.

Last edited:

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, the head was designed only for the two light engines to be used as flood beams, so the LEDs are fairly close to the top of the light, i.e., front of the head. There is no room for a reflector.

It would be fairly simple to make another full-sized head to go with the battery tube though.

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
One of the larger lights that I've made in titanium--24mm x 113mm--this light uses a McClicky and has an 18650 battery:

Nunley%20Anodized&Faced-2.jpg

I'm not sure why I'm so fascinated with copying Mondrian--these designs are a b*tch to make--each line takes four passes to get to the proper depth. It literally tied up my lathe for days on end--it's not as though you can just step up and do all the lines at once--it requires extreme concentration to do this manually. :devil: In fact, the total number of passes came to 264.

Well, extreme concentration is needed if you want to cut them perfectly. And, as always, I'm never perfect, nor is this light--it actually has one tiny mistake. But I won't tell the buyer where it is. :D

Final pics can be seen in post #18.

I'd also add that this light would have seen in the falling water F.L Wright home as a nightstand option.

Sweet looking light/