More Canadian light discoveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero_Enigma

Enlightened
$2.80 CDN for a 9v LED cap light at The Source on sale.

http://www.thesourcecc.com/estore/Product.aspx?language=en-CA&catalog=Online&category=Flashlights_Gas&product=6119051

For those that just changed thier smoke detectors and have a bunchof 9v hanging around with 80% battery left this would be a good item to have a few of to use as the washroom light or to save on your personal LED lights and use this light to light up the area as you change batteries.

Anyone own this? How bright is it? Also are thier brighter models out there? I change my smoke detector batteries 2 times a year for safety reasons and because I cook a lot and get the occasional ring when cooking. Most of my cells when I change them register in the ~7.8-8.5v range.

Zero_Enigma

Sarratt

Enlightened
:clap:

LOL
6119049l.jpg

ouch-ouch-ouch-ouch .....(insert velcro ripping sound)

hmmmmm ..... but wait a second... I seem to remember someone saying how handy .('scuse me). these things are.

Hope I put the photo in correctly.

edited to add ... seems The Source has all their LEDs on sale till the 24th.

Last edited:

Calina

Enlightened
Zero_Enigma said:

Anyone own this? How bright is it? Also are thier brighter models out there? I change my smoke detector batteries 2 times a year for safety reasons and because I cook a lot and get the occasional ring when cooking. Most of my cells when I change them register in the ~7.8-8.5v range.

Zero_Enigma

I bought one last month and returned it. It is very dim, I'd say less than 3 lumen, no throw and not a lot of spill either - Hardly useful unless you believe in "the dimmer is better" mantra. I think I'll build myself one of those 9 V battery killer.

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one too, and immediately upgraded the LED, it is far from bright but does an excellent job at lighting up my shelf of flashlights..

Canadian Tire now has a very cool looking handheld lantern/torch that runs of their new lithium tool battery. This one actually looks like it could be handy.

Zero_Enigma said:

http://www.thesourcecc.com/estore/Product.aspx?language=en-CA&catalog=Online&category=Flashlights_Gas&product=6119051

Zero_Enigma

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hart stores advertised a 9LED 3AAA aluminium flashlight for $2.89. Cute little thing. Smaller than my other 3AAA lights. Black or bare aliminium.
http://www.qualitychinagoods.com/best-version-p-497.html
They also have a 4AAA 1LED optic plastic and\
a 4 button cell 3LED plastic with molded pocket clip. Too fat to go in a pocket. Looks like a clone of
http://www.eTool.ca/eTool/RENDER/1/86/300/11252.html
All under $4.

Just got the latest Sears flyer
CraftmanEndurable LED flashlights are40% off
19.2 volt anglehead 1/2 off

Last edited:

Zero_Enigma

Enlightened
LEDninja said:
Hart stores advertised a 9LED 3AAA aluminium flashlight for $2.89. Cute little thind. Smaller than my other 3AAA lights. Black or bare aliminium.
http://www.qualitychinagoods.com/best-version-p-497.html

Where is Harts located anyways? I hail from Toronto. I'd like to get me one of those and a bike clamp for dual lighing. I got one I think was 8LED before locally but I pai dlike $15ish for it. :ohgeez: I guess it's a one time pay on that or consider it a 'convience' buy for that shop I found out was about 6 mins away from me on bike.

I'd like to know more stores that sell LED lights both chinese cheapies and good ones locally in Toronto. ANyone got a list? If not I'm up to making one as long as everyone submits thier findings so we all win.

Zero_Enigma

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zero_Enigma said:
Where is Harts located anyways? I hail from Toronto. I'd like to get me one of those and a bike clamp for dual lighing. I got one I think was 8LED before locally but I pai dlike $15ish for it. :ohgeez: I guess it's a one time pay on that or consider it a 'convience' buy for that shop I found out was about 6 mins away from me on bike.

I'd like to know more stores that sell LED lights both chinese cheapies and good ones locally in Toronto. ANyone got a list? If not I'm up to making one as long as everyone submits thier findings so we all win.

Zero_Enigma
http://www.hartstores.com/
They have a store locator
They are a Eastern Canada chain that is moving into Ontario, mostly in the smaller towns. A lower end store like Giant Tiger. Lower end than Wal Mart, better than Bi-way.
Their flashlights seem to be special buys, when they are gone there is no more until they bring in something else.

I don't think the 9LED has enough throw for a bike.

Last edited:

Mudd Magnet

Newly Enlightened
home depot has the 2aa mag led lights for 24.99$ regular price this is the orangeville store. I think the bigger 2-3d led mags were 33-40$ not bad canadian tire wants 36$ for the 2-aa mag led

pathalogical

Enlightened
Zero_Enigma said:

Zero_Enigma
You can also check out XS Cargo, Keele St south of Lawrence Ave. Their flyer shows a 9 LED 3AAA cheapie for ~$2.98.

R Nicholls -- 3200 Dufferin St. Enter off Samor Rd next to Dean Myers Chev
Olds for Surefire and Streamlight.

Zero_Enigma

Enlightened
LEDninja said:
http://www.hartstores.com/
They have a store locator
They are a Eastern Canada chain that is moving into Ontario, mostly in the smaller towns. A lower end store like Giant Tiger. Lower end than Wal Mart,

I don't think the 9LED has enough throw for a bike.

I've seenthe Giant Tiger stores before but mostly out in towns like Aroura but not inside GTA. I could be wrong as I've not travelled far enough in the GTA to see other places. I'm not using it as a throw light but more as fog lamps for the bike. If the idea does not hold up to Steeles Avenue's famous pothole roads then at lease I've got two spare flashlights. My main use was to mount if possible on the fork or side hand bar mounts with a quick detach system. My current LED light which I think is a 8-9LED (Don't have it on me right now) give a nice even flood spot effective 1-2 meters only and if bike mounted would give good close range coverage as I use my helmet light spot to throw downrange.

Zero_Enigma

Zero_Enigma

Enlightened
pathalogical said:
You can also check out XS Cargo, Keele St south of Lawrence Ave. Their flyer shows a 9 LED 3AAA cheapie for ~$2.98.

R Nicholls -- 3200 Dufferin St. Enter off Samor Rd next to Dean Myers Chev
Olds for Surefire and Streamlight.

I don't drive often and I live pretty north of the city. Perhaps if I drive in that area I'll check it out but at over $5.00 CDN for a TTC trip it's expensive. I may bike it instead once I get that eletric wheel conversion on the bike to make going up hills easy.

I have heard of the dealership many times. Just did'nt know where they are.

Zero_Enigma

Zero_Enigma

Enlightened
www.mec.ca (not listed on thier website yet, I think cause I didn't find it last time I checked) has the 2AA 3W Maglite LED for $19.50 CDN. Tho you gotta be a member to buy there. Walking in to look is free of charge. This is not like Costco's anal policy if you don't flash some card you can't even look.

MEC has a one time lifetime charge of $5 to be a member. That if I recall right just gets you like a fraction of the stores stock I think but it's $5 to join. You could have a friend buy it for you or just go up to the cashier with cash and random some 10 digit phone number in hopes you hit some number in the queue and pay cash. If you pay by credit card I'm not sure if there will be a conflict in the system to check against names. They've never really checked my CC when I was paying so I assume the system auto checks the name. Thier prices are FIXED. They never have sales. Only clearences from time to time and there are some good deals in off season times. You will get discounts on opened items but about like 15% off I think.

There was a NiteHawk Digital Emitter bike light that was open box selling for $159 when the retail box was $199. Tho I think it was missing one head so you only get one beam then two.

Zero_Enigma

Cydonia

Enlightened
A few pages back someone mentioned checking out London Drugs for Maglite LED drop in and other Mag LED products... any update?
Does London Drugs carry Mag LED of any kind or not?

I missed the Canadian Tire Mag LED 30% off sale.

And as an anecdotal aside, Real Canadian Superstore continues to have old regular Mag 3D for $21.99 as of last week I saw. That's the cheapest price I've seen for em' anywhere. But that's just me.

Does anyone know where I can get a Nite Ize LED drop in for 2-6 cell flashlights IN Canada? I heard US Wal Mart had them at one point? (not to be confused with the mini mag LED drop in) How about Canadian locations?
And does Canada Wal Mart have any Mag LED products?

Ha, easier to ask here than drive around to these stores looking myself! :hahaha:

Sarratt

Enlightened
If thats what you want ---- a drop in bulb for 30$ canadian than go for it.

I personally put on hold all lights till I get the cree

I haven't even ordered it yet

:ohgeez:

Last edited:

Cydonia

Enlightened
Drop in bulb for $30 Canadian? NO. I said 30% OFF which made the price $19 actually. But I missed the sale...somewhere else has it 4 less? HD would if they had em'. How sad it is to be a consumer in Canada :mad:

Cydonia

Enlightened
Thanks for that info derrick. That probably rules out all theWal Mart's around here then. Maybe Next year they stock em'.

Zero_Enigma

Enlightened
Cydonia said:
Drop in bulb for $30 Canadian? NO. I said 30% OFF which made the price $19 actually. But I missed the sale...somewhere else has it 4 less? HD would if they had em'. How sad it is to be a consumer in Canada :mad:

If memory serves me rgith from my flyer checking over last year the Maglites at Can.Tire go on sale about 4 times a year. I would probably peg that as a seasonal thing. They're always around 25-30% off.

If you want a compact 2AA beamer then MEC has it for $19.50 fixed price. Perhaps someone can swing by the Home Depot and get a price check up. I know Home Depot sells the LED Maglite units but I can't remember if they sold the bulbs tho.

Zero_Enigma.

Status
Not open for further replies.