Most Lumen Flashlight For Around - $15

akhyar

Enlightened
Oh that does sound nice too. I forgot about that one. I don't t know what it entails to swap that driver.

If order direct from Simon of Convoy Shenzen, you have to specify that you want to upgrade the driver to 7135x8, as his stock driver is 7135x3. I think there's additional cost of slightly over a buck only.
If order through Banggood, Gearbest, Mountain Electronics, etc, have to select the lights with the upgraded driver.

Robear

Newly Enlightened
Just bare in mind i bought a convoy m1 a few months back and was a clone(not genuine). So i will not buy any convoy branded lights from them........got money back so cant fault that side.

I have had a couple of convoy lights previous and those were fine and nicely made.......dont know what happened with my m1!

I would go to the recommended seller by KIL for this brand.

Thanks for the heads up on that. Looking at what KIL said on aliexpress it doesn't look like they have the Convoy S2+ w/ the driver needed to get it up to 1000lm, so I would have to do some modding.

Robear

Newly Enlightened
If order direct from Simon of Convoy Shenzen, you have to specify that you want to upgrade the driver to 7135x8, as his stock driver is 7135x3. I think there's additional cost of slightly over a buck only.
If order through Banggood, Gearbest, Mountain Electronics, etc, have to select the lights with the upgraded driver.

Do you have the link to contact him directly?

akhyar

Enlightened

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Contact Richard at mtnelectronics. Tell him what you are looking for and your budget. If he doesn't have it he will build it

Phlogiston

Enlightened
Do you have the link to contact him directly?

This is the link for the blue Convoy S2+ direct from Simon Mao of Convoy Shenzen Electronic.
You have to PM him directly that you want the upgraded 7135x8 driver (add $0.88) and the tint colour when you place your order.
Tell him you are from BLF for 15% discount.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...defense-camping-light/330416_32445361280.html

If you scroll down that page a bit, you'll come to a couple of headings: "How to customize your flashlight" and "How to pay the extra money". Those are the instructions you'll need to order an upgrade to the 7135*8 driver. I've ordered a custom light three times now and Simon has delivered a perfect light every time.

If you're in the US, though, I gather that mtnelectronics keep Convoy S2+ lights in stock. Quicker than waiting for shipments from China :)

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a 3C 850 lumen Defiant flashlight with a high, low, and strobe at Home Depot for $10. Looks like it uses 3 Cree XP-E2s or XP-G2s. Will that do?

Destiny

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a LED flashlight for around $15 that has the most lumens for that price point. I see ALOT of 1000LM for $5 on amazon/ebay, but I don't trust them. :thumbsup:
Finding bright flashlights isn't the chore it used to be. Today, I find the challenge to be finding bright lights that also have low lumen settings with good, long runtimes, because I don't often need the brilliance. But to answer your question, I've found eBay to be a good place to shop for budget lights. The thing is, you don't want to have to send a defective light back to Shanghi -- so I look for a proximity bargain, and I've had lot of good luck with Ultrafire lights. Specifically I've bought three Ultrafire WF-501x lights: Two very bright red flashlights and one UV. There's also a white LED model that's very bright. All three came with UF 18650 batteries labeled 3400 mAh. They only have one power setting, BRIGHT! Even my red ones are nearly too bright. If I can find a white LED model, I may pick one up.

EBay sellers that deal in high volume sales generally like to keep their buyers happy and hate bad reviews, so check sales and ratings.

Travelr

Newly Enlightened
I have an Astrolux S1 on order from Banggood, it is essentially the same light as the BLF A6, it is under $30 and comes with a short tube allowing 18350 cells. I just bought a Thorfire C8s from Amazon for under $15 with their coupon code, very bright but not suited for a pocket clip...

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
as overrated as I believe Convoys are they are your ticket to 1000 lumens for $15. If you can score the BLF A6 with a coupon even better...