Movie Review - "Kick-***."

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
It sounds suspiciously like Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold at Columbine in some sequences. Was that "cool" as well?

Most of my nieces and nephews under the age of 15 have seen this film already. They either go to a matinee with their 9th grade friends (few theaters enforce age limits) or just download boot legs off Bittorrent. They think it's 'kewl'

It's okay to enjoy an action movie. The superheros fight the villains and it's good guys vs bad guys in a colorful action-packed special effects epic. It's real life you have to worry about..

And there was no purchase age limit when this story was a comic book..

mindybutterfly.jpg

Last edited:

Greta

Flashaholic
Can I honestly ask why you people get off on this stuff? It sounds suspiciously like Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold at Columbine in some sequences. Was that "cool" as well?

Most of my nieces and nephews under the age of 15 have seen this film already. They either go to a matinee with their 9th grade friends (few theaters enforce age limits) or just download boot legs off Bittorrent. They think it's 'kewl'

... and like Columbine, how come the parents aren't paying attention to what their kids are doing? ... Not gonna get me on that one. I'm tired of parents crying "foul" just because they failed to do their job. Be a parent or get sterilized... it's that simple.

The movie is rated R... that means... "An R-rated motion picture may include adult themes, adult activity, hard language, intense or persistent violence, sexually-oriented nudity, drug abuse or other elements, so that parents are counseled to take this rating very seriously. Children under 17 are not allowed to attend R-rated motion pictures unaccompanied by a parent or adult guardian. Parents are strongly urged to find out more about R-rated motion pictures in determining their suitability for their children. Generally, it is not appropriate for parents to bring their young children with them to R-rated motion pictures."

Last edited:

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can I honestly ask why you people get off on this stuff? It sounds suspiciously like Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold at Columbine in some sequences. Was that "cool" as well?

Because she only killed "Bad Guys". I just assume everyone thinks that is kewl.

If I'm not mistaken, Eric and Dylan killed innocent children.

JB5

Newly Enlightened
Then she calmly walks towards the elevator but as she does so, without looking, she lowers her pistol and shoots the doorman on the floor as she walks by, killing him.
Rule#2. The Double Tap :devil:

All I can say is.... I loved this movie. Definatly one I will watch again.

UpChUcK

Enlightened

:rolleyes:

... and like Columbine, how come the parents aren't paying attention to what their kids are doing? ... Not gonna get me on that one. I'm tired of parents crying "foul" just because they failed to do their job. Be a parent or get sterilized... it's that simple.

Amen!

I have an 11 year old and 13 year old daughter. My wife and I will not let them watch an R-rated movie even though most of their friends have already. Hell, my oldest only recently started watching PG-13 movies and we watch them with my youngest unless we've deem it appropriate for her. So blasterman, please get off your high horse.

Because she only killed "Bad Guys". I just assume everyone thinks that is kewl.

If I'm not mistaken, Eric and Dylan killed innocent children.

Exactly! :duh2:

Rule#2. The Double Tap :devil:

All I can say is.... I loved this movie. Definatly one I will watch again.

:crackup: That was a great movie also!

"Rule #1 - cardio." :grin2:

Last edited:

Greta

Flashaholic
Rule #2 is Beware of Bathrooms

Rule #4 is Double Tap

Rule #3 is Seatbelts

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Just to touch on a few points . . .

(Bear with me. I suck at multi-quoting.)

As disturbing as some of the scenes were in "Kick-***," it's still just a movie. Mindy is a fictional character who disguises herself as Hit-Girl. She kills fictional bad guys. When the cameras stop rolling, the dead bad guys rise up from the floor (and not as zombies). The blood is fake, the gore is fake, Mindy is fake. She turns back into a girl named Chloe who would never curse because she's afraid of the punishment her real life parents would hand out.

Kids have a hard time realizing the difference between reality, and what they see on the silver screen. That's why parents need to be on top of what their children are doing. As parents, they need to explain how reality works to their kids. Some parents don't bother with parenting. A perfect example would be . . .

One of the moms of the Columbine murderers. When asked about all the weapons her son had stashed in his room, her response was she didn't know they were there. You know what, that's crap! There's not a mother in the world who hasn't cleaned up after her children and gone into their room looking for dirty laundry. Next thing you know, there's a conversation that goes something like this:

"Hey son, why do you have a small arsenal of weapons under the bed?"

Was Columbine preventable? Damn right it was. But someone chose to pretend to have selective blindness. As a result, real children and people were murdered. And those two *******s were part of a group called the Trench Coat Mafia. There were seven of those dudes! Seven! Freaking Hell, I didn't even have seven friends in High School. You know what, you don't get to complain about being an outcast when there's seven of you out there. No one from school will invite you to their parties? Hell, call up your six other friends; and throw your own damn party.

My High School was a hell-hole. We had good kids who carried guns just for protection against the bad kids. School was so bad, we had an NYPD officer assigned to patrol the halls. But we didn't have a couple of thrill killers using the excuse that others made fun of them, go and shoot up the school. Sorry, you don't get to use the excuse that you were bullied; when there's seven of you!

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of the moms of the Columbine murderers. When asked about all the weapons her son had stashed in his room, her response was she didn't know they were there. You know what, that's crap! There's not a mother in the world who hasn't cleaned up after her children and gone into their room looking for dirty laundry. Next thing you know, there's a conversation that goes something like this:

"Hey son, why do you have a small arsenal of weapons under the bed?"
Do you have kids?

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The movie tumbled from 2nd place last weekend to 5th this weekend, well below the new Jennifer Lopez romantic comedy..

Yet it's in the top 125 all-time on IMDb, and rising fast. And there's roughly two dozen unique torrents online, even though there still isn't an actual digital copy..

Here comes cult classic status..

hgcomic2.png

Valen

Newly Enlightened
I was "conflicted" over the movie, I watched the trailers on the website and the movie theater sites and it looked like a hero comedy, normal kid decides to be super hero, set against a backdrop of a world gone mad, hilarity ensues.
So thinking this I bring my other half to the theater planning a night of fun.
It is *not* a funny movie.

I mean sure there are funny bits in it, and the movie needs them. But it is about as far from funny as you can get. Heck its probably more like a comedic tragedy than any other label I can pin on it.

That said, once we were over the hump of expecting a comedy and getting some really nasty and graphic violence it was a quite engaging movie.

I loved hit girl, most children in movies/tv seem to be portrayed as helpless noise sources, IE if theres something "bad" they stand there and scream, not even trying to get out of the way of the bus.
When I eventually have children I hope they have a little bit (a really really little bit lol) of hit girl in them.

I also loved the "reality" of it, with a few exceptions, I never lost that "suspension of disbelief" hitgirls wirework, the operation of the "green tube" and the "vehicle" at the end. Whilst all really cool, they took it out of the plausible into the impossible for me.

Hit Girls wirework was *really* cool though ;-> perhaps in another movie it'd fit better.

Anyway, in summation, Go see the movie, but expect to be horrified by the realistic violence, aghast at mans inhumanity to man (always wanted to use that in a real sentance), amused at the dark humor that comes out of having an 11 year old girl who can dual wield pistols, and to come away from it feeling sad and happy at the same time.

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think your right Monocrom!

I copied and resized and cropped and lightened her hair to make that avatar!

Why should I be punished because some teenager couldn't control his hormones?

Besides-no one wants me to go back to using this mug........

biff.jpg

Well I will bring him back soon for old times sake.
evilgrin07.gif

In the meantime I have been watching this movie on WatchXOnline.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
A wise choice.

Your new avatar would totally kill your old one in the blink of an eye.

Uh-oh, watch out ... ;)

gollum

Enlightened
I will have to watch this when/if I get a chance soon

at least it seems to be stirring up a bit of comment

movies have to have controversy to make it in the world nowadays

:popcorn:

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I liked it. It was a lot funnier than I expected, given all the cautions in this thread. There were some absolutely hilarious lines ("What a douche!"), and I agree, it was great to see Nicholas Cage in a goofy role again.

In tone, it reminded me of Battle Royale (must have been the school girl outfit), but less serious, and not quite as good.

I'll definitely see it again when the DVD's released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts