Multi-level Tri-LuxIII FlexMag4C/SO20XA

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just started playing with exactly this concept 4Cs in a 3D though. right about 6 to 6.5V is where the fatman will put out full power (1A) into 3 Jbin emitters.. so the 6pack is the way to go... but i would definitely install the low-volt protection so it shuts down at 6V.. can be done with a simple potentiometer i could figure out the values for you. i'm doing a similar build myself.

I wanted to be able to run 3 lux3 from 4Cs in a 3D but i'm only getting like 3000lux and it should be more like 4500+... so i'm going to re-work it to use 6AAs in a fivemega holder.

I've designed a new holder that will be more cost-effective than the FM holders but they won't be developed 'til middle of fall.. aiming to sell them for $20.. designed to work with 6AAs or 9AAs.. might be like $2 dif in price for the two.. like 18/20.

In the meantime AFAIK can't beat the FM adapters.

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
Andrew,

I'm going to do a simple DD setup (slightly resistored) with 3 C cells in a 2D M*g. I was going to use a fatman and get a 4C M*g, but I'm going to hold off any costly mods until the K2 comes out. This setup only cost me about $60.

PVC.jpg

The LED's are on their way...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wow.gif Thanks for the info Icarus. I will get NiMh for this mod.