• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Multi-Sink

download

Flashlight Enthusiast
LightJunk, items were sent. :)

Flanders & RaVeN38571, thanks for letting me it safely arrived.
:thanks:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Quick question:

What's the OD of your old-style C heatsink?

I'm trying to figure out what's the maximum number of XP-G's I can fit in an old-style 3C Mag.

I'll probably be using Cutter's multi-XP-G PCB's (not quite sure how large those are either), if that's any reference.

:thanks:

download

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mag ( current incan. C & D, and old version without letter C & D in serial No.) head inside dia. are 48.3mm.
My Multi-Sink is 48.3mm too.
If it is small than 48mm, it will fit.
:)

painfreak76

Newly Enlightened
Hi! I've been interested in high power flashlights for several years, looked at things, bought a small light with a lux star, and yesterday I came across this forum. I want to put one of these 40 watt 2000 lumen led boards

http://www.mouser.com/ledengin40W/

into a flashlight. being that it has a 29mm board it wont fit into my 19.9mm lux star light so I ordered a 6 d cell heavy duty(thicker walled) mag light today. Being that its going to be a 40 watt led I don't know if the heatsink you have will be enough. Is it possible for you to make a thicker solid "heatsink" (basically a solid aluminum rod or slug that barely slip fits inside the mag light body) that I could stick this 2000 lumen beastly thing to? I can drill a hole through it to run the power wires, etc, but I think it will need a much thicker "sink" to transfer heat to the flashlight body.

I am also interested in the strap rings you have for the tail, but would like one for the front end as well so as to put a strap tightly running the length of the body of the flashlight, which seems like a good idea considering the length and weight of a 6 d cell mag.

My apologies if this interrupted your thread, but I didn't know where else to post it since I'm referring to your heatsinks from this thread.

Navin_R_Johnson

Newly Enlightened
Got my parts several days ago. The heatsink is a very clever design and the driver seems to have a bit nicer finish quality to it than what I've typically gotten from DX or KD.

Thanks download. One more happy customer here.

painfreak76

Newly Enlightened
Well I know I need surface area, but I also need thermal mass. If I use a solid slug thats significantly thicker than the adjustable one you make for the lower wattage leds it will contact more of the inner wall of the flashlight, thereby it will be able to transfer more heat faster as well as heat up slower due to thermal mass.

I read overdog's thread already. Pretty sweet setup, But I'm going for the most wattage out of one led assembly, and that 40 watt 2000 lumen beast from ledengin seems to be the best bet. I want to keep the light source centered in the maglight, so having 3 or more leds isn't what I'm trying to do. I love how it says "street lighting" in the applications section of the description.... Thats just full of awesomeness. Imagine... A HANDHELD STREETLIGHT....

I'm going to put this in a 6 D maglight, and I have some 12V 10Ah D NiMh battery packs I bought last year that I never used for the intended purpose. I disassembled one to make a 6 cell 7.2v 10ah pack for my project.

oh, if anyone is looking for D size NiMh cells I have either 2 12v packs, or 24 individual cells if I rip them apart.. they were a hundred bucks per 12v 10ah pack when i bought them, so if anyone needs some shoot me a pm with an offer..

but anyways..... thats what I'm going for... A handheld streetlight... I paid $20 for the 6D maglight, I'm going to stuff $80 worth of D size NiMh cells in the back, $60 for the 40 watt led, another $40 for the controller board, and whatever the custom heatsink is going to cost... so $200 so far into a $20 flashlight.... Hmm... maybe I need a different hobby lol.....
lovecpf

download

Flashlight Enthusiast
For example,
If you want Low, Mid, High No.3.

Step 1: Use a paper cutter, cut off the no.1 from the "Ground" (outter circle), like lower left corner show.
Step 2: Put a solder to the N0.3 star and connect it to the "Ground"

That is it.
Hope it helps. :)

8x71354mode.jpg

morphs

Newly Enlightened
Paypal sent.
1 multisink. $18
1 shipping $4
Total $22

Thanks,
Jon

JohnF

Enlightened
AX2002 Multi-level Buck driver

Does this buck driver need a momentary switch? Uh, I hope so...

John F

download

Flashlight Enthusiast
morphs, Thanks!

JohnF, The driver is changed mode by On & Off the mian power.
So whatever switch can on and off will be fine.
Stock Mag C and D switch work great.

greenLED

Flashaholic
For example,
If you want Low, Mid, High No.3.

Step 1: Use a paper cutter, cut off the no.1 from the "Ground" (outter circle), like lower left corner show.
Step 2: Put a solder to the N0.3 star and connect it to the "Ground"

That is it.
Hope it helps. :)
It does help. What's the Voltage needed for that driver? Could I use it to power 3x XP-G off 1x18650?

With that info, I'd like:
2x heatsinks (A)
2x sockets (F)
1x driver (G)

:paypal:

download

Flashlight Enthusiast
greenLED,
It needs 0.3V higher than LED volt-in.
Parallel-Wire 3x XP-G(~0.9A/LED) would be OK, if LED volt-in is close each other.

kengps, it is available. :)
Due to easter holiday right now, will ship after that. :thanks: