Multicolor LED Flashlight

Force Attuned

Enlightened
Hey guys, I'm looking for an LED flashlight with multicolor LED's as a secondary function. :anyone:

I was within an inch of buying a Milspec Kroma however I changed my mind at the last minute due to the fact that I wouldn't make use of the IR LED's and the price.

I would have bought the standard Kroma if it had the option of green/yellow LED's, and if the price was a touch cheaper.

The price is only an issue as I've decided to purchase either an Optimus or Invictus pending beamshots upon release.

So...what I need to know is what other lights exists with blue, red, and yellow/green LED's as a secondary function along a powerful white LED for a reasonable price...

UV leds would be a bonus.

I've looked around and haven't been able to find much and I'm not a fan of the Tigerlights.

houtex

Enlightened
Tomohawk by First Light. My most used light. GREAT product. I also just bought a Coleman 3xAAA multi color. I'll post a review soon.

houtex

Enlightened
Can I ask why it would not fit your purposes? The belt clip is very secure and after about 5 minutes of fooling with it I am a pro at swicthing between colors and modes without looking at the controls. Search our forums for reviews. I know I sound pushy but I think it is a fantastic light.

importculture

Newly Enlightened
Can I ask why it would not fit your purposes? The belt clip is very secure and after about 5 minutes of fooling with it I am a pro at swicthing between colors and modes without looking at the controls. Search our forums for reviews. I know I sound pushy but I think it is a fantastic light.

+1 on the tomahawk. I have one with red and green led's. Big plus for me is the fact that you can turn both red and green leds on at the same time. Not only that you can also adjust the brightness while both colors are on so you can get a nice yellow/green color or a much more yellowish/green color. Not to mention I like the pushbutton interface. I have both kromas and the milspec led's while nice seem almost half the brightness of the non mil-spec. Plus the tomahawk's main beam is much brighter. The form factor is the only real gripe I have although the light's design is very functional.

Force Attuned

Enlightened

I need a light I can fit into a holster on my duty belt. If I have the Tomahawk clipped on my duty belt and I fall over after jumping a fence or similar, I would very likely damage it.

I'm surprised that there aren't too many other lights with mutlicolor LED's that exist for tactical use.

houtex

Enlightened
they make a tek lok holster/clip for it. the clip that it come with is very deep and secure.If you are an LEO they wer at one time and still may let you eveluate one for free.If you decide to keep it they give you a discount.

JohnB

Newly Enlightened
IF White /UV is important:
We carry the FoxFury Hammer line and the latest is a mutiuse white / UV :
Have a look and let me know if you are interested. You may need to work a little to find a duty belt holster but the switching between UV and high powered LED is nice.

http://www.liotec.com/store/FoxFury-Hammer.htm

Let me know

Thanks

Hey guys, I'm looking for an LED flashlight with multicolor LED's as a secondary function. :anyone:

I was within an inch of buying a Milspec Kroma however I changed my mind at the last minute due to the fact that I wouldn't make use of the IR LED's and the price.

I would have bought the standard Kroma if it had the option of green/yellow LED's, and if the price was a touch cheaper.

The price is only an issue as I've decided to purchase either an Optimus or Invictus pending beamshots upon release.

So...what I need to know is what other lights exists with blue, red, and yellow/green LED's as a secondary function along a powerful white LED for a reasonable price...

UV leds would be a bonus.

I've looked around and haven't been able to find much and I'm not a fan of the Tigerlights.

KEN TYE

Newly Enlightened
I was on the wolf eyes site and in their top banner they had a light switching thru several colors , I would check with mike @ PTS see if he knows the model

spoonrobot

Enlightened
The Streamlight Sidewinder is another option but it's main LED is of the 1/2 Watt variety and you're looking at only @25 lumens or so.

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, you are in luck, if you can be a bit patient.

The Inova K series coming out will have versions with one main white LED plus colored LEDs (including 1 with IR function). It will be in a 2xCR123A formfactor (from what we've heard so far from various rumors plus some partial information released by Inova) although there may also be rechargeable versions. It will have hi-mid-low plus strobe function as well.

As to also having UV, I think this doesn't exist in the configuration you suggest. There is a twin-task streamlight which has uv led's (several of them) plus a regular incan, but no colored LED's.

You can also cover your needs with a different system, by the way. You can get colored filters (e.g., SF has them in red and blue).

On the UV problem, my solution is to have the Arc 1xAAA UV light with me (when I want that capability), which is fine for most needs and is really tiny and extremely light, on top of another "normal" flashlight.

You could then cover all your needs with the Arc UV plus the Inova K once it comes out. As to timing, we were told sometime late June it might be announced officially, with actual product shipping later in the Summer. The different versions, of course, might not all be available right away, and the one YOU want might be a bit longer in coming out.

orcinus

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about this:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3550230&CatId=1802
http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/lights/8db4/

10 colors + tailcap momentary on switch + color clicky on the front.
Couldn't find much real info on it beside ThinkGeek's claim of 3W.

Probably just a gimmicky toy, but for $25 might be fun :D

PS: I have a Streamlight Twin-Task UV and it's a pretty nice UV light. Not that good as an incandescent, though. The beam is ugly, you can't focus it that tight, so you don't get much throw, and the lens don't really seem like glass - scratches like hell. Relatively nicely built, though, and easy to disassemble.

Last edited: