my 1st flourescent lamp mod

waion

Newly Enlightened
Here's my 1st flourescent lamp mod:

saber.jpg

Spec:

- flourescent tubes: totally 20W, 35cm long x 3mm OD (for one tube, two tubes there)
- power: 18650 * 3 supplying the converter
- 6amp Switch: at the rear of the light

I tried it outdoor last night. The light output is great. People were curious about it but they could just hardly look at it.

Nell

Enlightened
Any photos of it lit up?
How long will it run with three 18650 cells?

Nice idea.

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
*Pictures waion secretly going out on foggy nights, going VRMMM~VVRRMM~VRWHOOSH! in the fog with it*

May the (fluorescent) force be with you.

Bogus

Newly Enlightened
Hi On,

This looks great. Saw your mod in the FFHK site but didn't know what it was!:lolsign:

Will you be using it this Friday for Mid-Autumn Festival?:grin2:

Bogus.

waion

Newly Enlightened
Photos are difficult to show how does this mod perform. All I can say is that it's a bright 20w powerful flourescent mod. That flourescent tubes are the brightest I have ever seen for its size class. I was told that these were used in vehicle decoration.

I think it's using a step-up converter (12V input, ? output). The size of that converter is small. In contrast to what I had expected, t didn't get quite heat-up when in use.

I used it outdoor last Sunday. People were curious about it but they just couldn't figure out what it was - they found difficult at looking at this mod!

LOL, although it looks fraily ugly, it seems very like a light saber in the dark, as one can only see the light-emitting part and the handle but not the converter (at the other side of the white battery tube).

Yes! I definitely will bring it out again to play with, esp in the Mid-Autumn Festival night!

Last edited: