My collection

PaladinNO

Enlightened
I was requested by Sir @Ocelot808 to post some images of my lights once my new acquisitions arrived...

Not everything has arrived yet - I am still missing Sofirn SF15, IF22A, IF23, and Q8+, so these are just a temporary assembly.

First off, the old collection:
IMG_4335_2.jpgIMG_4334_2.jpg
Then the current one:
IMG_1477_50_.jpgIMG_1478_50_.jpg
I see I need to take some better photos - that triple battery extender TK76 is so big, it barely fits the frame...

I have not included any of my headlamps, multiples of any light, chargers or other accessories.
Headlamps would be Acebeam H15, Nitecore HC90, and Fenix HP30R v2.
Chargers are Nitecore i8 and Fenix ARE-C2, plus a new UMS4 for what is becoming a surprisingly rapidly growing collection of 21700 lights.
The lights with red bodies are all high-CRI lights. I ordered them in red for an easy visual identification, if something with good colour rendering is what I need for whatever reason.

Newly obtained:
Fireflies PL47U, Emisar TK8K and Noctigon K9.3, the five Coast PL310S's, Fenix TK35 UE 2018 and Fenix LR35R.
The LR35R is an absolute mad lad - I find even the 50 Lumen "Eco" to be too bright for any use in otherwise complete darkness. Still, it was just what I wanted, with the dual parallel 21700 cells.

What I no longer own from the old collection:
Coast G10, G19 and Acebeam EC50. The EC50 was a great light - great flood, which is what I like, and tint - but it takes 26650 cells, and I'm converting to 21700 now. Was my only 26650 light, so I traded it with a friend for a Fenix TK75 2013 (essentially only wanted the battery extender, which I knew would work with my TK75 2018).

Nitecore Tube, Coast G45, Sunwayman T45C, Fenix CL30R, Streamlight 51010 and the Mag-Lite ST3D...I simply forgot about this time - also, I won't be able to fit everything on the freezer anymore. :|

No beamshots or any sort of outdoor shots for now. It is -30°C outside, and I'm not putting my Canon DSLR through that.

Favourites:
I was asked to say something about my favourites, and if I had to choose one - ONE - light to keep...it would be the Fenix TK76.
For one, it is massive, which already makes it score some points. Second, it got 12x 18650's, so the runtime is measured in days, not hours,.Third, it got 3 different LED's, with 3 different optics, so it does everything - full flood, semi-flood, and spot - either separately or all at once. And four, when I'm tired of lugging it around...it got a tripod mount. 2800 Lumens, but that is more than enough to serve 90 % of any need for a flashlight.

If I could choose three lights to keep, I would add the Fenix PD35. I had it on my work belt for years, and it never failed. I have dropped it both accidentally and intentionally in the concrete and in the snow, and it didn't seem to care. Only 960 Lumens, but it's reliable. And when a light needs to be trusted under all conditions, I'll take something that is tried and true over a newly released powerhouse any day.

My third favourite would actually be the newly aquired Fireflies PL47U. It's so floody, it only offers about 5 meters of illumination, but the "E21A mix 3800K" tint and colour rendering is absolutely GORGEOUS!! It is truly amazing! I am by no means a tint connoisseur - more like an ignorant - but I know what I like, and the PL47U tint is utterly beautiful.

The Emisars arrived yesterday, but it's been so cold outside, I haven't had a chance to test them outside yet other than standing in the door and shining on the driveway.

I have high hopes for the Noctigon K9.3 Osram W1 Green I specified on the triple-LED second channel. The E21A 3500K tint in the main channel was sadly not a match for the delightful tint from the PL47U (probably the difference in optics), but I bought both for different purposes, so it doesn't really matter - the Noctigon is meant to be a multi-purpose pocketable light when doing light hiking, while the PL47U is for close-up detail work.

Last edited:

PaladinNO

Enlightened
Temperatures are much better now, but it was a full moon 2 days ago, so any beam was barely visible at all.
And I don't know how to take night photos. I can do daylight photos or in low light, as I got an external flash, but I've barely played around with ISO and exposure times. I also didn't think there would be any interest, so I admittedly haven't put any effort in this.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Night pix are difficult. To get a photo of what you see can be tricky with "smart" technology trying to think for you.
Turn down the exposure value (EV) for best results. And if possible use a tripod for less blur.

PaladinNO

Enlightened
I think I'm well catered for in terms of equipment. Got a Canon EOS 800D DSLR (also called the Rebel T7i, I think), 18-250 mm lens, with a 430EX II flash and a Velbon Sherpa 600R tripod.

Biggest issues has been the outdoor circumstances lately, and...user inexperience with said equipment for night shots. :/

Think I need to talk with a friend of mine for beam shots. He's also a minor flashaholic, and does a LOT more photography than me. We usually meet up every 2 weeks, but I'll talk with him and I'm certain we can get some beam shots done.

Buff

Enlightened
I probably could as most of mine are from CCP lights. Or is it CCCP? Who really knows?
Problem is i really like them. The feel the look the style and the operating system anduril 2 is very handy. And the lumens! Who doesn't like that. If i could get all that i would attempt to send some $$$ to U.S. companies but havent found a light that covers all those attributes. Still looking.

PaladinNO

Enlightened
I mean you are gonna pay a lot but you can get one.
Which is why I don't own one. I'm not paying a premium only for the sake of having a light from a certain brand.

There was a time when I ordered a lot from the US, but that was when the exchange rates was half of what they are now. And local customs legislations was not as much of a certified PITA as they are now.