My first modified maglite - 2500 Lumens Goal

cdrake261

Enlightened
Why do you sell it? :confused:

You put so much work into it and then you give it away? What happend?

Flashlight works fine, figured out that they really don't like 5 amps but works fine at 3 amps. I needed to sell because my car ate my HID ballast...so I have to fix that.

Tidra

Enlightened
No question is stupid...The thermal pad can be difficult to set up and takes a while to be adhesive, I tried several times but with no success. Thermal compound is both a quick setting adhesive and and a decently good thermal conductive compound.

Should I be scared now? Because I use this thermal adhesive pad all the time, so far so good.

Really bad to see you are selling light after so much work you done. What is the Mini Mag setup you are showing beside the large beast?

Thank you
Iztok

cdrake261

Enlightened
Should I be scared now? Because I use this thermal adhesive pad all the time, so far so good.

Really bad to see you are selling light after so much work you done. What is the Mini Mag setup you are showing beside the large beast?

Thank you
Iztok

If you have the patience to do it right, then there's nothing to be afraid of. I'm selling my maglite so I can replace my HID's in my car, around $300 dollars. My micro mag I am keeping, JonnyMac made it for me. It's my little powerful workhorse that has proved itself over and over.

mathias

Newly Enlightened
Hey im trying to get a stock Maglite and up the lumens on it. I have a fenix tk21 and its too much floodlight for me im looking for more beam

simplec6

Enlightened
Flashlight works fine, figured out that they really don't like 5 amps but works fine at 3 amps. I needed to sell because my car ate my HID ballast...so I have to fix that.
cdrake261, were you referring to the 32650's not liking a 5amps current draw? Or did you mean the XMLs?

cdrake261

Enlightened
Excuse the messy desk...

20160303_070826_zps6djno4i9.jpg

20160303_070826_zps6djno4i9.jpg