My Olight T25 regular version (with beamshots and runtimes)

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
what i like about Olight UI is that it seperates strobe and SOS from normal mode but i dont like twisting the head to adjust the modes because i have to use 2 hands...

yekim

Enlightened
I did a bit of an informal runtime test the other night. I had no equipment other than a clock and I was planning on just getting a good idea of runtime as well as get a feel for how hot it runs and I was pleasantly surprised at my findings.

It gets warm, but not hot when running on NiMH's (Duracell 2500MaH). It ran for 1 hour and 37 minutes (on high) on a freshly charged set of batts and then, to my surprise, instead of just starting to dim and fade out, it jumped to medium output. It was getting light out so I did not continue on to see if it stepped down to low as is drained the batteries.

The more I use this light the happier I am with it. I have a P60 drop in that has more total output, but does not throw as well, so the T25 does not light up a room as well as the P60, but it does a better job lighting up the parking lot.

Chao

Enlightened
I also have mini mag 2AA beamshot,:)
Lux readings at 1meter(all using alkaline batteries): Mag2AA 1400 lux, L2DQ5 3750 lux, Olight T25 5880 lux

10m shots (all using alkaline batteries)
maglite10m.jpg
L2DQ5-10m.jpg
T25-10m.jpg

Last edited:

Chao

Enlightened
Chao, are those Lux readings w/alk. or NiMH cells? Does it make a difference? please advise. many thanks, pj aka half-watt

Hi half-watt, they all tested with alkaline batties, I also added the information in my previous post:)
When using NiMH, I think the difference in L2D and T25 is only the runtime, the total output looks same, and I haven't have chance to try NiMH in my Mag2AA.

Last edited:

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lux readings at 1meter(all using alkaline batteries): Mag2AA 1400 lux, L2DQ5 3750 lux, Olight T25 5880 lux

maglite10m.jpg
L2DQ5-10m.jpg
T25-10m.jpg

Chao - that's awesome!

May we please use the T25 and Mag pics on the website for comparison?

Banzai

Newly Enlightened

maglite10m.jpg
L2DQ5-10m.jpg
T25-10m.jpg
You da man Chao! Thanks a thousand for all your effort.

Now if only someone could snap (comparison) shots to show Olight T25 throw at far distance say 50m, 100m would be great... ehem ehem:poke::D

Its just that newcomers to performance LED lights, such as myself, still compare with "traditional" flashlights that we own.

*edit* on 2nd thought, maybe testing maglite 2AA incan at 50m & 100m would simply be a waste as even at 10m the light is already so dim :duh2:

Last edited:

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got one of these lights about a month and a half ago from Battery Junction :)twothumbs) and it is one of my favorite lights. We took it with us when we went on vacation in the mountains and I used it quite a bit on a night hike. I rarely had to put it on high and it lit up the woods! Its only flaw is the clip that holds the lanyard on the light. It is very poorly made and broke the first time I used it. Really surprising considering the build quality of the light.

Mike

McLux

Newly Enlightened
I think your clip isn't broke, it is just a piece of wire that is bend. Mine is not used and there is allready a little gap. it's indeed a useless thing.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
what i like about Olight UI is that it seperates strobe and SOS from normal mode but i dont like twisting the head to adjust the modes because i have to use 2 hands...

Do you have to twist the head in one direction, or back and forth? Help me understand. If just one direction, that's not so bad. I would probably just leave it on high permanently.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
T25-1.jpg
T25-2.jpg

Lux readings at 1meter
Level 1: 267 lux
Level 2: 560 lux
Level 3: 1182 lux
Level 4: 2580 lux
Level 5: 5880 lux

The total output is a little higher than L2D Q5, and thanks for this new designed OP reflector, it generates a smooth beam and bright hot spot.

How much higher?

Those are readings of my L2D Q5 (smooth reflector):
low 315 lux
medium 1063 lux
high 2010 lux
Turbo 3750 lux

Judging by lux readings, the high mode is substantially brighter than the Turbo mode of Fenix?

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the pics, the output looks pretty much identical.

I like the lesser-throw and more flood of the L2D.

I don't have Q5 but might just upgrade to it or something newer when it comes out.

Gator762

Enlightened
I'm interested in this light now... A thrower which runs off of AA. Really interested in runtimes with Eneloops. :)

Chao

Enlightened
How much higher?

Judging by lux readings, the high mode is substantially brighter than the Turbo mode of Fenix?

Hi, I think T25 is 10 lumens (or less) brighter than my L2DQ5.

Banzai

Newly Enlightened
How much higher?

Those are readings of my L2D Q5 (smooth reflector):
low 315 lux
medium 1063 lux
high 2010 lux
Turbo 3750 lux

Could it be that due to Fenix L2D Q5 max brightness is lower that Olight T25, runtime for L2D is longer at max brightness?