NEBO ITEMS...POST ALL NEBO ITEMS HERE

Batang Regla

Newly Enlightened
how do you categorized this kind of light = work light? led inspection lamp? I first saw this (not a nebo brand) when i called a car battery mechanic to jump start my car. I was blown away when he stick it to the upper hood and illuminate the engine bay. The second i saw this when i watch a nature channel, its david attenborough walking in a forest. This kind of light is good for city seniors. I'll be buying this for my dad.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
A friend gave me a COB light called cliplight before Nebo did the Larry series. It was impressive how well it lights up close quarters like under a sink.
What impressed me was the lack of shadows versus a non COB light. It was as if it could bend lights around corners. Not that it did, it spread light so evenly.
Pure flood.

My first Nebo's were numbers you stick in a 12 volt accessory port to charge. Little numbers about the size of a CR123. Nothing amazing brightness-wise yet such a great idea on keeping it from running out of fuel. I used to pocket carry the thing and it was like 2 years before it needed a charge when used occasionaly. They have a much brighter version now that runs off of a rechargeable AA sized proprietary cell.

Mat88

Newly Enlightened
I've got to say Nebo big larry is definitely my favorite work light. Not afraid to take it out. I one left it on the roof of my car and drove 4 miles with it on. 😆
Although saying that, I haven't tried those Wizard pro's. When money's not so tight, I'll give that a go.

delaware74b

Newly Enlightened
I bought the Nebo Redline Blast about 2 years ago from a local electrical supply house for around $35. It does get fairly warm on high, especially on warmer days. 2.5 hours on high (1400 lumens) has me looking to invest in some eneloop pro's.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm carrying Nebo Mycra on keychain for 4 months.
So far I really like it. Great UI

It has turned on twice in my pocket.

Tweed

Newly Enlightened
I put a NEBO Big Larry in each of my cars for an emergency light. Easy & Cheap for this application.

ven

Flashaholic
I have had the little Nebo Leo for a few months now, not really seen much use tbh. But its there just in case or need to loan a light out.
C93WpMLl.jpg

Swivel head
Y5SVbLXl.jpg

Spot
vBkkfN1l.jpg

Has a ramping UI if press/hold, also memory so can set level.
ykQGSF8l.jpg

Where has time gone? I think nebo are great little lights and pretty good value. I no longer have this as I gifted it to an old work colleague retiring. He had been using cracker lights or 99p garage ones with a 100 Led's . So in his 65yrs, my guess would be his first decent light! He had lots of jobs/DIY planned when retired, so I hope it comes in useful. Bonus of easily fed AAA cells to.

I think I need me another nebo :whistle:

Tweed

Newly Enlightened
Hi, Tweed. :welcome:

Perhaps some non-leaking rechargeable batteries in your Big Larrys would be prudent. Few things kill more unattended flashlights than Alkaline batteries.

Thanks for the recommendation. :twothumbs I have some NiMH batteries I'll try. and switch batteries every year along with my smoke detector batteries.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Here is a blast from the past. I've now idea when or where I bought the "highbeam" but to this day I still find it one of the most fascinating flashlight ideas ever devised.

3-B164-EC4-E60-F-4-DE2-B7-D4-C9-AEFAE66-C3-F.jpg

The old 12 volt lighter is really a flashlight trick.
35 lumens through an optic lens. It looks a lot brighter than the numbers state.

Discontinued these days but it was a big seller in its day.

Soon I'll be checking out the lantern they call Poppy. A COB lantern that doubles as a spotlight. There's also a "big Poppy" version.
Nebo continues to create good ideas for work lights.

Last edited:

xj35s

Newly Enlightened
I accidently put my Nebo redline micro through the washing machine. For like the third time I think. It comes on full brightness for about one second then dims. I tried drying it and baked it in the oven to reset the solder joints. It didn't help. I will be buying another though. I could go two weeks using it everynight on one battery. I used it for pretripping my big rig and every time I drop and hooked a trailer because I ran at night. Loved it.

I accidently put my Nebo redline micro through the washing machine. For like the third time I think. It comes on full brightness for about one second then dims. I tried drying it and baked it in the oven to reset the solder joints. It didn't help. I will be buying another though. I could go two weeks using it everynight on one battery. I used it for pretripping my big rig and every time I drop and hooked a trailer because I ran at night. Loved it.

"They" say anyone can make a mistake once, but if you make the same mistake a second time you're carless, and obviously, if you make the same mistake a third time you just don't care. However, you've stated you love your NEBO Redline ........ so I just don't know what to think, :confused: ...... except :welcome:

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
my nebo "tacticool" (sharp pointy bezel) 1aa went dim blue after 2 battery changes.
cheap 5mm .5w leds just dont last.
a nichia 219c on its mcpcb made a nice upgrade.
it does not get warm enough to be an issue.
no more nasty blue.
i used a 4000k 83cri.

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
FINDING NEBO!

Hey all. Went to lunch with some guys at work yesterday and my friend had a Nebo rolling around in the passenger side door. Apparently he found it in the street. It's banged up and nicked. I've played with it from time to time (it wouldn't turn on) and yesterday he said "Do you want it?" so I took it in and charged it with a micro USB cable from my bag.

It's the SlydeKing with the aspheric lens and the head pulls out to use the wide "work-light" LED inside the handle. Pretty cool. It's got a magnetic screw-on tailcap, and under that is the battery tailcap with a spring. Pretty slick. There's an 18650-sized battery in there, but it looks like it's got the positive and negative terminals on the same end of the battery and it doesn't appear to be chargeable outside the light.
All in all it's pretty cool. The switch is obviously an electronic switch that's not suitable for momentary/tactical usage. I'd imagine a standby current of some sort is present.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Be careful how much you rotate the front end. There's a cable system that allows the front end to still work when it's slid out, but it doesn't have much extra and it's not fastened very strongly.

I have the 1st gen version and enjoy using it from time to time. Very strong magnet allows you to fasten it at a right angle on smooth, hard metal surfaces like the fender of a car.

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here in SE PA, we had bad rain and wind last night, and the power flickered a few times.

Played with the NEBO last night using all my Flashaholic senses. Double-click from off goes to low-mode, which is a nice touch.
With a side-switch and heavy flat magnetic base, this thing tail stands like a fire hydrant. 🤣 Great for power outages.