Nebo redline about to break. Replacements under $100?

Skimo

Newly Enlightened
Been 3 years since I bought it (I think) and the red ring that connects the bezel to the light is cracked.

Contemplating using superglue, possibly gorilla glue to try to squeeze it into service for another couple years (hopefully)

Wondering if there's a better solution than letting superglue do its job and lock the threads.

I don't think it would be worth anything other than a possible donor if I buy another redline of the same model, but pretty tempted to get the latest model and I don't think anything would be swappable.

At the same time I don't know that I care for plastic in this application as it just introduces a weak point and hassle, something I'm not fond of, a knife built like this I would call crap and a beater, but I don't think this even qualifies as a beater, more of a throwaway.

I'll probably kick myself if I buy another or if I break the bank.

Off to stalk a replacement, maybe a handful of those Sipik 68 clones?

Tapatalk

RoGuE_StreaK

Enlightened
I don't get it, a quick search shows you can get a redline for about $40 shipped?
Looks like a clone is the Sipik SK15 for about $10, don't know if there are clones of this clone...?

[EDIT] Sorry I was reading that as looking for replacement bits for your redline, or a clone that might have bits that fit

Last edited:

dwoods15

Newly Enlightened
I like Solarforce products for the accessories and parts that are available.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like Solarforce products for the accessories and parts that are available.

Yeah, solarforce makes awesome budget lights, however I assumed that he wanted something flood-to-throw like the nebo.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
The one problem with the ultrafire I linked you to though, I should warn, is that it has one of those annoying drivers where every time you turn it on it comes on in the next mode. It's a fairly small problem, but still annoying. If you want some other similar options, check out:

DX Sku: 123421,126717,117766,180076,

Skimo

Newly Enlightened
I actually prefer mode memory as most of the time I don't want it coming on at full brightness and at night I just cycle back through to keep it on low when I turn it on. A small price to pay in my opinion.

Thanks for the info! :)

Tapatalk

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the perfect light for me would either 2xcr123 or 4xAA,have a flood to throw head, an xm-l emitter, and be 30 bucks or less. Unfortunately, I don't think I've seen any lights with these stats let alone for that price.