Need help, 6v G4 bi-pin zenon to LED

bigrkane

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I have a Glock GTL22. It is a flashlight laser combo for glock pistols. What i am trying to do is convert it to a LED light. It has a 6v zenon bi-pin (G4) style bulb. The reason for this is that when the batteries are about half dead the light barely works.

Look here for details http://www.sniperworld.com/books/gear_9.html

I have noticed this and it is a pain. So I am looking for a 6v led bulb to put in it or something I could mod to fit in. The max depth in the reflector I can go is 6.5mm, so something that will fit 20mm diameter and 6.5mm tall.
Any help would be much appericated!

oxY3t.jpg

uqPUg.jpg

Mp1r8.jpg

CVWVh.jpg

Last edited:

yifu

Enlightened
WAIT!!! Don't upgrade to LED, get a Welch Alleen 1111 or WA1185 bulb from Prooftech over at cpfmarketplace for 1000 lumens of incan goodness with 2 IMR16340. It pops right into the G4 bipin socket! There are other lower powered incan G4 bulbs as well. Converting to LED is too troublesome.

bigrkane

Newly Enlightened
That's a good idea but I still will have the same issue. The bulb goes dim on 75% battery and it's worthless at that point. Read the review website I posted it explains what I am dealing with.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 2-cell flashlight that I converted to the 1111 bulb. If you use IMR 16340 cells it will be *bright!* My guess is that you are using primary cells now. There are people on CPF who could change to LED, but keep in mind that it may be cheaper to buy a new LED light for your Glock. I don't know the runtime of the 1111 with 16340 IMR cells. Someone here should be able to tell you.

I should add that the 1111 bulb will get hot. You'll need an aluminum reflector and a glass lens.

Last edited:

bigrkane

Newly Enlightened
Thanks hotwire for the suggestion, one problem will be fixed (the brightness) but the others will still happen. It's with the circuitry of the flashlight I think, once the battery level gets about 75% the light automatically dims and the light is useless. So that is why I was looking toward the LED fix, low power consumption and a better brightness/temp color. Hopefully I can get some more suggestions to get this problem fixed. I dont want to change the light since my holster is made to fit the glock light, plus I love the looks of it (made just for the glock by glock) and the function level.

Last edited: