Need help choosing drop in module for Ultrafire

jamespie

Newly Enlightened
Hello!

I'm new to the forum, hey everyone. There's noT much info on modding the flashing I want so I'm having a hard time researching what I need. I'm looking for a small flash light with a built in clip for everyday carry. I'm using the flashlight for selfdefense. I'm in a defense class and I'm learning for attacks in the dark, it's best to have a very bright flashlight to quickly shine in the attackers face to slightly blind/disorient/confuse the attackers to gain valuable seconds in an attack. Now I don't want to spend 200 dollars on a nice flashlight, I have lots of Diy capabilities so I started my research. I found a Ultrafire C1 flashlight (18650 battery) which seems to be a fine size to carry. Plus I'm reading about numerous drop in modules for this model. My question is this, the flash light comes with a Cree Xm-l T6 LED bulb. The add for the flashlight says it's 1000 lumens. Im assuming that is a huge over estimate? I also so many drop in mods with big lumens number on dx.com but they are very cheap. I'm looking for over 400 lumens. Heat isn't an issue since I'll only flash the light for a few micro seconds. What mod would you guys recommend to get my goal output? Or would you recommend a different host completely? Thanks alot

jamespie

Newly Enlightened
I see that some people say ultrafire C1 is a p60 host. Does anyone have experience with that? If you guys could recommend a good p60 drop in with very high lumens that'd be great!

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
from what DX says, this is indeed a P60 platform. That means you can just buy a drop-in from Malkoff, sportac triples, or custom ones from Vinz (in Germany, I believe) or Vinh in Oregon. Both of these V guys are here on this forum. Or, the more fun way is to purchase some components and build up one yourself.

The more direct question is, what are you trying to accomplish? Throw? Floody beam? Nice creamy blond color beam or cool white?

jamespie

Newly Enlightened
from what DX says, this is indeed a P60 platform. That means you can just buy a drop-in from Malkoff, sportac triples, or custom ones from Vinz (in Germany, I believe) or Vinh in Oregon. Both of these V guys are here on this forum. Or, the more fun way is to purchase some components and build up one yourself.

The more direct question is, what are you trying to accomplish? Throw? Floody beam? Nice creamy blond color beam or cool white?

Hey man thanks for the help!
I have just reailzed that the C1 will be too big for EDC. Im looking for a light that is or shorter than 4.25 inches. Now im back to square one. I need the shortest p60 host to meet my length requirement. Or maybe you or someone could recommend a different "size" of p60 or similar drop in mod. or even just a stock light. Ill sum up my criteria again:

Length: = to or less than 4.25"
Needs clip that makes the light face down.
Weight: doesnt matter
Battery: I would love 18650 but isnt needed
Beam: sharp White LED color beam
Lumens: 500 and up
Throw: I would like a concentrated beam since this will be used to blind someone in self defense just to gain a very minor advantage, but I also want some flood so that i dont miss their eyes too easily.

I found a stock light for 51 dollars. its an EagleTac D25LC2. It meets all my criteria but im not sure about the floodiness. you think it'll be too floody for my needs?