NEED HELP PGL-IIIA

abeepak1

Newly Enlightened
I got a bit confused on the calculations on the spreadsheet for the divergence calculations. the part I was confused for was the beam diameter. Anyone have any idea for this? I know the spot size but not the beam diameter. Im a noob, sorry.:rant: Help Bootleg

bootleg2go

Enlightened
Usually beam diameter is ~1.5mm
If you have a micrometer you can measure the diameter as it's coming out of the laser (use goggles for sure!!). It may also give you a diameter in the laser spec. I've seem anywhere from 1 to 3 mm, but 2mm and more are usually for most higher output bench lasers. If your distance to the spot is 25 feet or more, the difference you'll will get on your divergence calculation between using a 1 to 1.5mm diameter will be pretty small. Going out to 40 feet or so, it even have a much of less an effect on the results.

Jack

Madz

Enlightened
Athoul said:
TEMxy, x and y being numbers are used to describe a lasers mode of operation. More specifically the dot profile. TEM00 means the dot profile is a gausian dot (nice round circle), TEM01 or TEM10 both describe a profile as having two dots. The former has a second dot above on the y-axis, while the latter has an extra dot on the x-axis.

I was getting a second dot on the Y-Axis when i modded the first unit i purchased. So immediatly returned it back to its original state.

Whitelitee

Newly Enlightened
abeepak1 said:
Shouldnt have messed with it in the first place:thumbsdow and what does temp01 mean?

No im glad I messed with it, took that stupid delay away, and made a bit brighter and cut down the earphone plug. It had been in tem01 since the day I recived it. If anything the mode is better, or less noticecble then when I first got it.