Need inexpensive UV light or drop in for pet stains

nobody

Newly Enlightened
Something that works. The ones at Pet Smart seem pretty cheesy. I ordered a Solar Force drop-in. It does not light up, I'm pretty sure it's DOA.

Any ideas please?

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
The cheapy UV lights have LEDs in the range of 395-410nm which are barely decent in finding/seeing pet stains.

I would recommend the Arc UV AAA which has UV in the range of 375nm and does a great job at lighting up pet stains.

I've been through a handful of cheapy UV lights and also had an Inova UV, but the Arc is by far the best at fluorescing up things.

The Arc UV is however $40 + shipping but worth it IMO. Its built to last a lifetime, extremely small/compact, and the best UV glowing ability I've encountered.

nobody

Newly Enlightened
Huh, I thought Arc was out of business. Good to hear they're back, I love my old Arc AAA so it's time for another. Thanks!

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Honestly, not really sure what happened with Arc but I think Peter Gransee sold the company but yes they are still making the Arc AAAs.

You will be pleasantly surprised by the little Arc UV especially if you compare to other UV lights that you might have laying around.:thumbsup:

nobody

Newly Enlightened
Well the only other UV I have is that Solar Force POS that never got out of the starting block! I oreder the Arc AAA UV along with another Arc AAA GS this morning, really appreciate the input!

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just an FYI, on their site it mentions that the Arc AAA's come in black anodizing.
Someone on here mentioned that if you call and ask they might have some in natural anodizing in stock.

If the color doesn't matter then no biggie, I just really like the look of their natural HAIII coloring.

lite brite

Newly Enlightened
I have a Streamlight Twin task 3C UV and it works great..about $36
Best, Steve