• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Need Modded Work? 2013 ;-) (Taking Orders Again)

Mbehe87

Newly Enlightened
Vinh,

Payment sent for a new Fenix RC40, XML2 6500K LEDs, dedome, and current boost. Thanks!

Mbehe87

Newly Enlightened
I thought Vinh didn't like boosting the current on the RC40 because of. Potentially cracking driver?

He has modded 3 so far... On 2 lights he was able to boost current, but the other 1 was glued too heavily to get to the circuit compartment. I knew this going in so no big deal if he can't do it.

Mike Sloan

Enlightened
He has modded 3 so far... On 2 lights he was able to boost current, but the other 1 was glued too heavily to get to the circuit compartment. I knew this going in so no big deal if he can't do it.

I will be very interested on how it works out. I thought long and hard about the RC40 vs X60 mod....decided on the X60. Would love a shoot out between the two:)

Shooter21

Enlightened
Hi vinh how much lux would a reflector of this size put out with a dedomed XML2 mounted on copper?
opplanet-cyclops-thor-x-colossus-c18mil-fe-spotlight.jpg

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Problem is LED and HID uses different reflector curvature...They wotn work with each other due to a complete different beam angle.

AngryDaddyBird

Newly Enlightened
Vinh
idid you mod a Tn32 yet? I just bought one sn was thinking about sending it in.
I know your tn31 mod was awesome but what options can be done to make the 32 a super thrower?
please let me know hiw much it would be. Thanks

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Vinh
idid you mod a Tn32 yet? I just bought one sn was thinking about sending it in.
I know your tn31 mod was awesome but what options can be done to make the 32 a super thrower?
please let me know hiw much it would be. Thanks

TN31 and TN32 will mod to the same performance. I am only suspect better heat sinking in longer runs with the TN32 due to the copper heat sink.

Lucky Duck

Enlightened
Hi Vinh, Looking into the possibility of a mod of a Surefire T1A to a 219B. What are the chances? If not you, do you know of anyone else that might? Thanx,Duck

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Hi Vinh, Looking into the possibility of a mod of a Surefire T1A to a 219B. What are the chances? If not you, do you know of anyone else that might? Thanx,Duck

I dont do Surefires anymore. I had to replace a few I scratched while opening them up and I couldn't afford it anymore. :)

Beside they are a real pain sometimes.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you planning a run on the mx25l3c xpg2 in the future? If not I would like to pick one up and send it to you. What might you be able to do with one of these. I saw that the Nichia version was being sold on your recent sale thread.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Are you planning a run on the mx25l3c xpg2 in the future? If not I would like to pick one up and send it to you. What might you be able to do with one of these. I saw that the Nichia version was being sold on your recent sale thread.

Yes. But a current bump is all I can do. I think the reflectors will be glued just like the 219 version.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I am doing a run for sure. Already ordered them. Just got no idea when they will be here.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am doing a run for sure. Already ordered them. Just got no idea when they will be here.

Sweetness. Looking forward to whatever you can do to these.:grin2:

edit: The good news is that the E.T. website states: "LED direct soldering on copper for maximum heatsink ability." This should be good news regarding current boost. Hoping this may be something special.

Last edited: