• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Need Modded Work? 2013 ;-) (Taking Orders Again)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: vinhnguyen54 Need Modded Work? 2013 ;-)

I think I can do this mod. Throw will increase for sure but how much I am not sure. I like XML2 4000K for a nice neutral tint. But even dedoming a 6500K XML2 will also make tint warmer. Copper bonding is a possibilty but I have to see the light first.

Yes I have modded some orginal 123 lights. All are modable. Only the Mini series might be a problem. $45 for a quark mod. Might be cheaper for you to buy a new light. I recommend XML2 4000K.

I have a M2XC4 too and I once modded it XML2. However I do not want to do work on this light anymore. Sorry.

You may send all the lights to me at once and I will provide an estimate over email for yah.

Could you mod a Fenix TK75 2600 Lumen Triple Cree XM-L U2 to the 2nd generation XML with de-dome. Do you think that it would increase the throw capability of this light much? Do you have a warmer tint in the 2nd generation XML that you could use? If you decide to mod the light for me I might also want you to do direct led mounting or anything that you discover that would make this light a more powerful thrower and more efficient etc.

Have you modified any of the original Quark 123 lights? I think that the early one that I have has a XRE Q5.
What would it cost for you to put a throwier and warmer led in the quark for me? What led would you recommend for this light?

I also have a early eagletac M2XC4 that has Triple CREE R2 XR-E Cool White LED that I would like to have the best leds for throw installed aslo. What leds would be appropriate for use in this light at this power level? Here is a link to selfbuilt review of this particular light so you could get the info needed to decide on what led would be best suited to replace the original at this drive level.

You can PM me about how much it would cost for these mods or post here if you wish.

I also have a few other lights that I would like to get modded also. I might just send them all to you at one time if you wish.

Grumpy

Enlightened

Thanks for the quick reply. I am going to purchase the Fenix TK75 in a few minutes. I will try it out stock first for a few days and then send to you for the mods.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the quick reply. I am going to purchase the Fenix TK75 in a few minutes. I will try it out stock first for a few days and then send to you for the mods.

I modded a BTU Shocker which I think might be simialr to the T&5 and the BTU really THROWS!

thundertree

Enlightened

Vinh,

Probably not your typical praise, but I wanted to thank you for fortuitously finishing the M3 de-domed mod, because it just saved me from a very sticky situation! I literally just finished my nightly walk whilst testing out my new "Vinh-M3". I speak to you now surviving unscathed from what would have certainly been a rather odiferous event with a convincingly impressive specimen of local skunk. As it happened, during my walk, oblivious to all else but the lumen-induced joy of using a well modified M3 head, an unscrupulous and rather malcontented looking skunk made its fierce presence known at a mere 20 yards staring at me with nothing short of wicked intent. Through my frightened stupor, I somehow managed to direct a momentary blast of my aforementioned M3 head steeped with Vinh Technology toward the malicious invader. Apparently, the celestial display of light in very quick order convinced this rebellious rodent that the other end of the park would offer more pleasant surroundings. And thus, I was saved by your rather very timely high-lumen handiwork. I think this is a warning that when one goes out for nightly walks, one should always "pack heavy" [with the light].

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

LOL OMG Thought I was reading a novel! :)

Vinh,

Probably not your typical praise, but I wanted to thank you for fortuitously finishing the M3 de-domed mod, because it just saved me from a very sticky situation! I literally just finished my nightly walk whilst testing out my new "Vinh-M3". I speak to you now surviving unscathed from what would have certainly been a rather odiferous event with a convincingly impressive specimen of local skunk. As it happened, during my walk, oblivious to all else but the lumen-induced joy of using a well modified M3 head, an unscrupulous and rather malcontented looking skunk made its fierce presence known at a mere 20 yards staring at me with nothing short of wicked intent. Through my frightened stupor, I somehow managed to direct a momentary blast of my aforementioned M3 head steeped with Vinh Technology toward the malicious invader. Apparently, the celestial display of light in very quick order convinced this rebellious rodent that the other end of the park would offer more pleasant surroundings. And thus, I was saved by your rather very timely high-lumen handiwork. I think this is a warning that when one goes out for nightly walks, one should always "pack heavy" [with the light].

h!fisch

Newly Enlightened

Hello,

is it possible to mod a XP-E2 into my HDS Rotary? Has something to be changed due to heat transfer because of high driven LED?

Thanks!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

XPE2 works great in the HDS. Not sure what you mean by heat transfer

Hello,

is it possible to mod a XP-E2 into my HDS Rotary? Has something to be changed due to heat transfer because of high driven LED?

Thanks!

h!fisch

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for your reply!

I'm absolutely no expert but I thought the current for the stock XP-G is higher than the current you would use for an XP-E2.

Best

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for your reply!

I'm absolutely no expert but I thought the current for the stock XP-G is higher than the current you would use for an XP-E2.

Best

UMMMM We are still using the stock driver so there is no current changes. Both LED has a Fv of 2.9V

Bullyson

Enlightened

Do you know if the Armytek Viking or Predator can be modded to increase output or the LED swapped to an SBT-70 to run at 10.5 amps?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Do you know if the Armytek Viking or Predator can be modded to increase output or the LED swapped to an SBT-70 to run at 10.5 amps?

Those lights can be modded. But no 18650 will push 10.5A. Even in direct drive you will get 5A at best.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Then to whatever amperage the SSBT-70 is supposed to be driven at using an IMR18650.

I am going to be honest here. SBT-70 or any large LEDs for that matter only excel over a XML2 in terms of output if you push it to the claim current or higher. 50-70% of the recommended current will probably put you at a lumen rating that's no better if not worse than the XML2.

Seeing a Single IMR 18650 will only push around 4.5-6A max you are only at 60% current of a proper current of a SBT70.

jaycyu

Enlightened

Those lights can be modded. But no 18650 will push 10.5A. Even in direct drive you will get 5A at best.
Wait what?
With a IMR 18650 1600mAh
1) Can a XML U3 with a 6A driver reach 6A?
2) Can a XML U3 with DD reach 6.5A-7A?

I need the brightest XML to complete my copper 6P, with a copper P60 pill which I'm still waiting for someone/anyone to make (ahem vestureofblood ahem).

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Wait what?
With a IMR 18650 1600mAh
1) Can a XML U3 with a 6A driver reach 6A?
2) Can a XML U3 with DD reach 6.5A-7A?

1) YES teh XML U3 can. Luiminous SSTs and XML2 has more resitance.
2) 6.5-7A is too much. You are not gainign anymore brightness. 5.5-6 Should be the crazy max.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

So... which XML is brighter?
The 6A driver or the DD?

Same. 6A is 6A. However it's easier to push 6A with DD than with a driver as a driver could equal resistance.

Bullyson

Enlightened

I just re-read the sales thread and seen the SBT-70 would be driven to 6A. Ok now I'm trying to decide which light I want the LED swapped with. So the Armyteks can be fitted with the SBT-70 and driven to 6A? Do you know of the Olight M22 Warrior can also? What about the Surefire Fury?

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I just re-read the sales thread and seen the SBT-70 would be driven to 6A. Ok now I'm trying to decide which light I want the LED swapped with. So the Armyteks can be fitted with the SBT-70 and driven to 6A? Do you know of the Olight M22 Warrior can also? What about the Surefire Fury?

They all can with soem tweaks. i am not sure how the beam would look. Also like I said. XML2 would be a better choice at if you cant push the SBT to 10+ A