• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Need Your Advice - Nomenclature

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
The number 54 has stuck with me since I was kid probably since elementary

I like this number because it represent LOVE to me

If
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z =
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

L = 12
O = 15
V = 22
E = 5

12+15+22+5= 54

To me Love=Life

Anyways,

So I have been Engraving "V54" as short for vinhnguyen54 on all my lights

However, the nomenclature for all the lights modded by me is a "VN" added to the end of each light. This help to identity a stock light from a modded light by me.

so the question is...

Should I start engraving "VN" instead of V54 from now on. I would like to keep the VN nomenclature when refering to a light as K40V54 is just silly and cumbersome.

Can I please get some input? Thanks!

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe V54 just looks cooler imo. The way you write v54 has swag. Vn would just look like I bought a used light that was once owned by a person with VN as their initials...if you know what I mean.
Plus, if you pronounce 54 in chinese, it means "won't die, or "can't die" which adds to the cool factor.

metalhead69

Enlightened
I think that your signature is not the same as the model number. I don't think they have to match. V54 is your signature that you are known by.
However it is your signature so you should do what you feel is right to you. Either way will be right as long as you are happy with it.

Last edited:

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
V54 on the signature, cause it has LOVE to it.
VN on the model modded, as adding more numbers would make it confusing.
Eg: P60vn is easier than P60V54

In my opinion adding vn to a model number makes perfect sense, because that denotes the modifications done by Vinh, ie the K40 becomes K40vn. This is a perfect way of naming flashlights on the threads. To then add an engraved symbol to identify the flashlight itself as Vinhs work the symbol needs to be something personal to Vinh, so it seems to me that V54 is already perfect. IMHO.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my opinion adding vn to a model number makes perfect sense, because that denotes the modifications done by Vinh, ie the K40 becomes K40vn. This is a perfect way of naming flashlights on the threads. To then add an engraved symbol to identify the flashlight itself as Vinhs work the symbol needs to be something personal to Vinh, so it seems to me that V54 is already perfect. IMHO.

+1

1SICKLT1TA

Newly Enlightened
I believe V54 just looks cooler imo. The way you write v54 has swag. Vn would just look like I bought a used light that was once owned by a person with VN as their initials...if you know what I mean.
Plus, if you pronounce 54 in chinese, it means "won't die, or "can't die" which adds to the cool factor.

b8llzblue nailed it. leave it like it is!

85coke

Newly Enlightened
This thread reminded me of the D10V I bought from you. Shouldn't it have been a D10v^2n :D