New Barbolights? Need advice on dive light..

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's really a pity the barbolight factory was closed. I'm lucky to have a U15 and U04... but as I wrote in the initial post, my buddy needed some lights too.

So, what did I do. Finally I decided to buy another rugged, reliable light from Barbolight as a backup for my buddy. I just found an older U04 on german ebay. No chance to get anything else. As for the primary light, I decided to buy a cheap Magicshine MJ-850. Because I just needed a light for the next holidays. Having a reliable backup, it should not be a very severe problem if the magicshine should really give up (what I don't expect. It's quality is quite good! I was impressed. For the money you pay, you don't get anything better. But of course I would not use the light in any situation, where you _really_ need to rely on your light).

I made a picture of my diving lights and posted it in the flashlight collection photo thread 2011 .... http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...Photo-Thread&p=3790561&viewfull=1#post3790561

Check it out!

The carry handles are really cool and veeeery handy!!

As for the triton lights that are "offered" here - did anybody actually get a light from Barbarin? I don't doubt about his identity to be Javier .... and I had quite good contact with him (PM, email). But as it came to "hard facts" - where to ship the light, how to pay the light etc. Barbarin didn't reply anymore. That was not very neat, Javier! As my holidays start this Thursday (I'm going to the Philippines), I really needed two new lights by now. At some point in time I could not wait any longer for responses from Javier... so I decided as explained: Try to get a Barbolight as backup, and a cheap primary light.

I will respond again in 3 weeks when I'm back from the Philippines! I curious whether the Magicshine is still working by then :-D

Cheers and have a good time!

Simon.

Hello,

I designed the lights, I made them, I tested them... and then the guy who was making them (I never hidded the fcat that they were made in China) decided to rebrand them and sell them all over the F*** internet.

It was a hard strike, yes. I spoiled money, time, reputation, effort and and ilusion. Yes, I gave up. There is just some people who lack any honour and ethics. That's it. Hours, money and effort I spent on this project were just spoiled by a company and a person one day I will publish even his pics.. It was a nice project, with a great distributor who was about to sign. But "quick money" just make crazy some noobs.

I will make dive lights again, in fact I'm on it with my old Barbolight team, but I will assemble them in Spain, as in the good old times, far away from sneaky stupids.

And as usual I promise you to see innovation, quality, and performance. Will keep you informed.

Javier

swisslakediver

Newly Enlightened
I'm afraid the current owners of Barbolight have closed the factory with no word. Trust me, I know what I say, I founded Barbolight. :((

Hello Javier,

I own 3 Barbolight U15. I'm very happy with them but I heard that Barbolight has finished the business.

Please tell me if you know some people who start the business again and is able to sell and repair.

Thanks for your help.

Olivier

Olivier Bourquin
Wollerauerstrasse 44
CH-8834 Schindellegi
SWITZERLAND