• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New driver from RUSH for the 1x123 "E-Series" lights.

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: New driver from RUSH for the 1x123 "E-Series" lights. The HIVE

Hi , order submitted via email . my first mcgizmo! :party:

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast

Amazing. Shipping notice received! :D

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast

Scheduled for Saturday. Very exciting. A mcgizmo Halloween!!!!

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D

I want a HIVE also! and was thinking of a Sun Drop XR-U head 3V. I think the is will be More of an in door light, or working dark facility, backstage, under the table at dinner for when you drop something or more than likely some lady does, and it is always some kind of Diamond .

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is there any reason we can't call these HIVE's 4S like four speed switching, like we call the 3S we cycle through the different Levels the three speed?

I ask this because I like the Output levels HIVE 119V puts out and think a Sun Drop would work well for it.

Or, can you have more than 4 levels with the HIVE, I have not figured all of it out yet. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

RL

Last edited:

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Order submitted, really looking forward to this!

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast

I do not to own a Mcgizmo light (yet) but I'll this driver fit in a Aleph light engine?

Last edited:

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast

What head will you be using your HIVE in? I am also looking forward to the HIVE as well.

It will be in a Haiku head, love the beam of the 119v with a XML reflector. Floody beam with a nice transition from spot to spill.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast

Scheduled for Saturday. Very exciting. A mcgizmo Halloween!!!!
Man, am I glad you mentioned H'ween, I always forget until,I see the kids and end up giving them dollar bills.

As a joke, to the parents, I sometimes yell: Honey get men some more eggs, and shaving cream, and then say sorry, we just ran out of spray paint, and fireworks... they all think it is funny but, you always get one or two that say 'Are you really giving these things out!'

No, lady it's a joke

This year I got the email from photon and may give out little flashlights. The kids really want the dough.

Last edited:

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast

Tried my hand at programming tonight. Head wreck understanding it, but then it just clicked. Makes sense now. Really clever driver.

eala

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast

In putting off looking at that manual.

archimedes

Flashaholic

Tried my hand at programming tonight. Head wreck understanding it, but then it just clicked. Makes sense now. Really clever driver.

eala

Similar experience here, lol.

Yeah, it seems really difficult ... until it doesn't :)

For me, the "picture" was much easier to understand than the words.

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can program fairly proficiently now. The PWM is irritating to me, so I am staying with higher levels. Works for me. Trying my Haiku with 2 levels.

Since this is programmable, it would be nice to have some optional blinky modes should one desire.

eala

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Hi guys,
Unfortunately there have been some of these converters that have a glitch in low level (sometimes the light doesn't come on). I am not clear exactly on what the issue is and would rather defer to Rush in providing an explanation. The converters that have the glitch shoe up quickly on the bench now that I know such a glitch exists but it is a PITA to build a light engine and then determine that the converter needs to be reprogrammed in Germany. Consequently I have halted building with these and will wait until I get some reprogrammed units from RUSH. The units I have on hand will travel back across the two ponds for makeover.

EDIT: 12-2-15 I have received reprogrammed converters back from Rush and builds now available again.

Last edited:

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast

This must be related to a bad component on the board since if it was programming it would happen on all of them.

eala

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: New driver from RUSH for the 1x123 "E-Series" lights. The HIVE- TEMPORARY HOLD **

What's the plan for those of us who just received a beautiful light with the RUSH converter?

fyrstormer

Banned
Re: New driver from RUSH for the 1x123 "E-Series" lights. The HIVE- TEMPORARY HOLD **

I would assume the plan consists of "use the light to see if you have a defective driver; if you do, contact Don, if you don't be happy and keep using it."

Robone

Newly Enlightened

I've had mine for two weeks, no problems. I haven't messed with the programming yet and may never. What I take from Don's post is that the problem would show up when you turn it on and not anything inside of programming mode. So a program problem not a programming one. Correct?

Last edited:

rush

Newly Enlightened

Hi All,

It is upsetting that there is an issue with the drivers that has slipped through, but seeing that there is a number of them that don't work as expected, Don has done the right thing to get me to fix this first before building more. I'm sorry for any one of you that might have to wait longer for their light now.
As Don has explained, the problem with some of the drivers is that there sometimes will be no light output on the lowest level of the standard configuration. This especially happens when the light has been off for some time and is then first turned on with this low level of output.
The cause lies in the code of the driver that uses some magic to allow the output to come on even on a rather low output level of a few mA. Well, this magic obviously doesn't use the ideal parameters to make it work on all of the boards. Thus i will have to change those parameters a little.

Those of you that have receive a HiveLD-S already and have not had a problem on the lowest output level (LL as Don called it) should be fine. Not all of the drivers have this problem.

Last edited: