New Energizer LED lights at Target

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I spotted some new Energizer LED lights at Target today. a 2AA aluminum (silver colored) LED light listed at 130 lumens with a rear clicky one mode I believe. a 2AA plastic tri head LED light with two modes on the high power LED and a red and green 5mm LED with an odd switch on it that looks like 3 buttons. They had a 1AA headlamp/clip type light similar to the one just mentioned and another regular headlamp I think 3AAA style? I was in a hurry so I didn't inspect things and I don't have a camera phone. The lights were all $20 and the last three were green plastic.

Farnsrocket

Newly Enlightened
Yeah and their new high end headlamp is green like the ones you saw, has the odd 3 button switch, takes 3 AAA batts and has 90 lumens for $24.99..........batteries are in the headlamp unit, not in the back of the headband like the old style.

Imon

Enlightened
... a 2AA plastic tri head LED light with two modes on the high power LED and a red and green 5mm LED with an odd switch on it that looks like 3 buttons...

I have this light. Got it on clearance at Academy Sports.

The 5mm LEDs are actually 3mm LEDs and the red one is not bright at all - no surprises there :p
The buttons feel cheap and don't depress very far but require some effort to activate. The green LED is definitely brighter than the red one but inferior to the green 5mm LED on my Streamlight Sidewinder.
CIMG0082.jpg

The white LED is a CREE XP-C with two brightness settings. Low -> High. No PWM detected - may just be really high frequency but I really can't tell.
CIMG0085.jpg

The throw is decent but the beam profile isn't perfect. The hotspot in particular is a bit misshapen.
The tail cap locks and unlocks from the body by rotating about 45 degrees - there is a white line and lock and unlocked symbol to show you whether the tailcap is locked or unlocked.
Finally the tailcap has a flat portion on the bottom that serves as an anti-roll feature.
CIMG0087.jpg

Bottom line? Meh.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Is the light easily taken apart? the head that is. I would drill out the hole for one of the 3mm LEDs to take a 5mm one and maybe update the emitter. I did the same with a Black & Decker light cept the main white LED isn't easily upgradeable.

Imon

Enlightened
Is the light easily taken apart? the head that is. ...

No, the head is basically glued shut. The second lateral groove on the body right before the green part of the flashlight isn't actually a split on the body as far as I could tell, my magnifying glass isn't really that good, but there is a real split right before the first lateral groove and that seems to be glued shut.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
No, the head is basically glued shut. The second lateral groove on the body right before the green part of the flashlight isn't actually a split on the body as far as I could tell, my magnifying glass isn't really that good, but there is a real split right before the first lateral groove and that seems to be glued shut.

That is dissapointing, I guess it is out then unless they put them on clearance for $8 or less I have no use for colored 5mm LEDs in lights. Red is ok but I find that a moderately powered white 5mm LED doesn't destroy my night vision that much while red and green just make things harder to see around the house.