NEW Fenix E16 High Performance, Compact LED Flashlight

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
I surely see your thinking. I guess it is a "trade off." Please look at the user manual for this light.
http://www.fenixlight.com.cn/download/Fenix_E16_Multilingual_User_Manual.pdf

You will see this chart below. Notice the "Recommended" battery choice. Now, we are not saying this will resolve your short run time. You can decide if you need to make a return on your light. Again, we want you to be satisfied with your purchase. That is utmost.

Screen%20Shot%202019-01-25%20at%2012.14.39%20PM_zpsrpf5hpa8.png

I was just going by the run time chart in the first post. If that chart is inaccurate, or misleading, then I encourage Fenix to either change the numbers to be more accurate or add some qualifying statements below it. Just looking at that chart, The E16 has much longer run times in low, medium and hight using the CR123 than with the 16340. As as potential buyer, that's the information available to me when deciding which light to buy and which battery to use in it.

BTW, I haven't bought the light, yet, so I'm just going by what information is available to me on seller's sites, manufacturer's sites and on these forums.

If you say that run times are better using the 16340 for low, medium and high, they I will take your word for it over the published run time charts.

I won't post any more on this thread.

Thanks.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
I think we are good now. Important to know: the run time chart is accurate.

Thanks for your consideration and valuable dialogue.

I was just going by the run time chart in the first post. If that chart is inaccurate, or misleading, then I encourage Fenix to either change the numbers to be more accurate or add some qualifying statements below it. Just looking at that chart, The E16 has much longer run times in low, medium and hight using the CR123 than with the 16340. As as potential buyer, that's the information available to me when deciding which light to buy and which battery to use in it.

BTW, I haven't bought the light, yet, so I'm just going by what information is available to me on seller's sites, manufacturer's sites and on these forums.

If you say that run times are better using the 16340 for low, medium and high, they I will take your word for it over the published run time charts.

I won't post any more on this thread.

Thanks.

ieslei

Newly Enlightened
I just got mine, totally bummed, turbo doesn't even last 10 seconds using AW icr 123, it flickers then gets hot immediately then shuts down. Even letting it cool won't let turbo come back on, I have tried all my batteries and it's all the same. I've never had a problem with Fenix lights before this, they're usually very good but definitely something wrong and I've heard of two others doing it.
Hi. I am experiencing something similar. I Just received the e16 and noticed that when the battery reaches lower voltages, like under 3.9v the turbo doesnt activate anymore. I can only use 3 moldes, turbo simply disapears. I didnt find anything about that in the manual.

Obs: i am using a brand new fenix battery.

Cheers

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm using the arb-l16 700 mah battery and it's working perfect. haven't drained it too low yet to see if it loses turbo but I've run it for almost a minute without noticing a drop in intensity.