**NEW** Fenix PD32 Ultimate Edition (XM-L T6 NW, 740 lumen)

Dan C

Enlightened
That's odd. Isn't it supposed to run on a pair of 123's, which would be 6 volts? That's what I am running in mine......

Bwolcott

Enlightened
That's odd. Isn't it supposed to run on a pair of 123's, which would be 6 volts? That's what I am running in mine......

It can run on both cr123s and an 18650, you should honestly look into getting a 18650 it will save you a lot of money since its rechargeable

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
if i was using cr123s on my PD32 the way I have being using it, I would be bankrupt!. damn, those cr123s can drink!.
thank buddha for the 18650's !.

It can run on both cr123s and an 18650, you should honestly look into getting a 18650 it will save you a lot of money since its rechargeable

djdawg

Enlightened
look into getting a 18650...........
Do the 18650,s have a good shelf life ?? meaning do the go dead fast if not used.
Yes I dont know much ........LOL

Bwolcott

Enlightened
Do the 18650,s have a good shelf life ?? meaning do the go dead fast if not used.

I dont know how long they hold a charge for as I use them way before they go dead, and I just stick them on the charger every time I am done using them, just buy the fenix setup their charger and 18650s and you will be fine

Dan C

Enlightened

I've been considering it. Used to run a lot of 14500's as well as 16340 and 14400's, but sort of got away from them. I need to do a little research on this.......

Bwolcott

Enlightened
I've been considering it. Used to run a lot of 14500's as well as 16340 and 14400's, but sort of got away from them. I need to do a little research on this.......

you will get longer run times and not worry about wasting batteries so much :)

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast

They do have a shelf life, but you can do some things to help extend that shelf life if they are not being used.
1) Keep them in a cool or cold spot, but not below freezing. Preferably a dry place too.
2) If you plan to store them for like a year, charge or discharge them to about 3.7-3.8v, and store them at that charge. That is the "storage charge" that helps them to keep as much remaining capacity as possible when in storage.
If you do this very well, you might only lose 3%-4% of your battery capacity over the storage time.
Heat is your enemy for storage.

redaztec

Newly Enlightened
Just got mine (from Fenix Store) today! It's a very floody beam, about triple the width of my Streamlight ProTac 2L from the same distance. It's incredible how it lights up the room on burst mode though - almost like having the room lights on.

Also this is my first light capable of running either 2 CR123As or an 18650, so I was surprised at how much larger diameter the battery tube is than a CR123A. Still, the batteries don't rattle a bit.

So long story short, I'm quite satisfied! :twothumbs

BurnBrighter

Newly Enlightened
It's a very floody beam, about triple the width of my Streamlight ProTac 2L from the same distance. It's incredible how it lights up the room on burst mode though - almost like having the room lights on.

Also this is my first light capable of running either 2 CR123As or an 18650, so I was surprised at how much larger diameter the battery tube is than a CR123A. Still, the batteries don't rattle a bit.

So long story short, I'm quite satisfied! :twothumbs

I'm getting mine in the mail tomorrow. I picked mine up from shaologear.com. I've dealt with them before buying a few knives already, and they have this and the TK75 in stock:thumbsup:. (Time to head to that post).

Did you run it for very long and how hot did it get on burst? I ordered one for my wife too. I'll share my thoughts when I get mine in the morning.

Kremer

Enlightened
Mine arrived yesterday. I wish the spot was half the size. My Jet III ST (BVC) with smooth reflector throws a helluva tight beam a long way. The PD32UE kinda makes up for it with a wall of light though, it is darn near an invisible-pocket-carry car headlight. I let it run the full 3 minute burst from cold and the head made it up to uncomfortable to touch hot.

Last edited:

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
is my one still in the USA ? or could it be anywhere ?. according to this its still there....
thanks

YOUR LABEL NUMBER
SERVICE
STATUS OF YOUR ITEM
DATE & TIME

LN*******US

First-Class Mail International

Shipment Accepted

December 06, 2012, 5:47 pm

BROKEN ARROW, OK 74012

International Letter

Electronic Shipping Info Received

December 06, 2012

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
bump help

is my one still in the USA ? or could it be anywhere ?. according to this its still there....
thanks

YOUR LABEL NUMBERSERVICESTATUS OF YOUR ITEMDATE & TIMELOCATIONFEATURES
LN*******US
First-Class Mail International
Shipment Accepted
December 06, 2012, 5:47 pm
BROKEN ARROW, OK 74012
International Letter

Electronic Shipping Info Received
December 06, 2012

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like it still is but the system may not be updated in real time. From my experience the postman might ring the doorbell with your PD32 and that table might still look the same!
It's only December 11 anyway so you have a good chance of getting it before Christmas.