**NEW** Fenix PD32 Ultimate Edition (XM-L T6 NW, 740 lumen)

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not on mine lol.. thats either photoshopped or someone put 3 different tiny GTLS markers in the gap of some of the heat fins or something.

scintillator

Enlightened
Sorry for the confusion.Those are three 1.5x5 mm trits glued into the cooling fins.They serve to help orient the mode switch in the dark and to look cool.
I had to open up the gap in the cooling fins to get them to fit.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I win! Gaseous tritium light sources :D I feel like I should win some kind of prize for my sherlock holms style deductions!

"lets see, the meta data does not suggest alteration of the file, so if the picture was taken as is, then that can only mean the lights are real.. what could do that? The only thing I know of is GTLS..."

I should at the very least get another strong beer to keep me going a little longer :crazy:

Last edited:

Jaybird

Newly Enlightened
I really like this new light from Fenix.

While I can sympathize with some people wishing it was more of a thrower, I feel this was not the intended use for the light. For up close and short distances this thing rocks. The color rendition is beautiful and it really puts a lot of light directly in front of you from such a small device.

I see a few people aren't crazy about the user interface (tail clickly with side clicky) and I can see their point with having to change your grip but, for me personally, I don't find it that much of a inconvenience at all. The light is small enough that the grip change is easily done. Not to mention I find the pros of this light far out weigh the petty cons.

Fenix did a good job here.... small light, close range, bright as heck, excellent color rendition, and included diffuser ! worth every penny to me.

I'd recommend this to anyone.

Cheers all and merry christmas !

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya kinda have too. It would be just wrong to not purchase one after they took the time to make them...

cigarbufff

Newly Enlightened
I still dont know if I can get use to the Neutral White...I know i need to take the leap and just try it.....DAMN!

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like this new light from Fenix.

While I can sympathize with some people wishing it was more of a thrower, I feel this was not the intended use for the light. For up close and short distances this thing rocks. The color rendition is beautiful and it really puts a lot of light directly in front of you from such a small device.

I see a few people aren't crazy about the user interface (tail clickly with side clicky) and I can see their point with having to change your grip but, for me personally, I don't find it that much of a inconvenience at all. The light is small enough that the grip change is easily done. Not to mention I find the pros of this light far out weigh the petty cons.

Fenix did a good job here.... small light, close range, bright as heck, excellent color rendition, and included diffuser ! worth every penny to me.

I'd recommend this to anyone.

Cheers all and merry christmas !

I really agree with you here. PD32UE is now one of my absolute favourite lights!
It could be worth to mention: if better throw with same tint is desired E50 is an alternative. Yes, it lacks a momentary on switch but anyway.
No 3 minutes stepdown to lower mode because the much larger head has better heatsinking.

Merry christmas! :party:

Last edited:

kestrel140

Newly Enlightened
HELLO cpf MEMBERS,
I'm new to this site, and recently had to struggle deciding between the pd32ue and the tk22. I went with the tk22 because of the longer throw distance. Also the SS besel was too nice to pass. After reading these posts, i may have to get the pd32ue for the home, and move the tk22 to the car. That is after i get the big brother TK75.

Cheers from sunny Ontario, Canada.

SimulatedZero

Enlightened
HELLO cpf MEMBERS,
I'm new to this site, and recently had to struggle deciding between the pd32ue and the tk22. I went with the tk22 because of the longer throw distance. Also the SS besel was too nice to pass. After reading these posts, i may have to get the pd32ue for the home, and move the tk22 to the car. That is after i get the big brother TK75.

Cheers from sunny Ontario, Canada.

:welcome:

I think you'll love having both of them. I love my TK22 as a general work light, it would be a shame to retire to glovebox duty.

Latest posts