*new* Fenix TK35UE 2015 edition: Cree XHP 50 LED, max 2000 lumens

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have never seen any XHP50, let alone a cool-white one, so I can't say I whether I like them or not. Tint-wise, however, this seems like a step backwards to me.

If the Fenix TK35UE continues to be manufactured side-by-side with the Fenix TK35 (2015), there is no harm done. Having two choices would be a boon. If the the TK35UE "goes away," however, neutral-tint fans will have to look elsewhere.

The Nitecore P36 is an attractive alternative.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
The TK35UE was always on my list but I never pulled the trigger.

I love neutral whites, but Fenix just doesn't use many. And the problem is, they put NW in some of the less mainstream models (a lantern, 1x26650 PD40, PD12, TK22). With the exception of the lantern, I don't think those others sold so well. So I hope Fenix isn't using those [possible] sales numbers to make a decision whether to use CW or NW. I'm guessing they're not; it's simply a lumens thing, but I still wonder sometimes.

Still waiting on Nitecore EC4S :whistle:

PhrygianReed

Newly Enlightened
TK35 had long been on my wanted list since I started to buy LED flashlights.
But for some reason, I hadn't bought one till today.
I told the shopkeeper I want a TK35 UE, and didn't realize they release a update version for the UE with different LED until I was shown the new package.
I go for the older UE version eventually, as I like its warmer tint and more floody beam.

I will be great if someone can do a comparison of all of the different version of the TK35.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will be great if someone can do a comparison of all of the different version of the TK35.

After a lot of waiting and indecision I ordered today (old) TK35UE.
I will in the future a video/photo comparison between the two torches (TK35 XM-L2 vs TK35UE)

GegeV2

Newly Enlightened
Please do!

I am interested in a high powered Fenix torch. The TK35 seems to hit the spot.

I take it you are doing the review of the standard TK35 and the TK35UE(not the latest 2015 UE)?

I will in the future a video/photo comparison between the two torches (TK35 XM-L2 vs TK35UE)

andrew2

Newly Enlightened

Yes,please write the review,but the TK35 max 960 lumens,while the TK35UE is 1800 lumens,there is a big difference.Hope someone will do the review between the TK35UE and the TK35UE 2015

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I take it you are doing the review of the standard TK35 and the TK35UE(not the latest 2015 UE)?

I have little free time, but I'd like to do this.
Unfortunately my English is that of Google Translator and I do not know if it's appropriate to write a review.
I can try, in the worst case you will do a lot of laughs.
Surely I'll do a photo/beamshot comparison.
The comparison would be between an old TK35 (year 2012) mod with an XM-L2 neutral withe (bin 3C) and the "old" TK35 UE 1800 lumens.
For the moment not buying the new XHP50 version because it is not neutral withe.
I bought this flashlight for use in a dense forest where the throw is useless, It with its enormous wide beam should be perfect.
I think the "old" TK35 UE is the best choice because it allows me to maintain the light level of 750 lumens for four hours without overheating.
I can try to photograph the difference between 900 and 750 lumens, but I want to remind that the user Gopajti has in the past done a good job with its excellent comparative pictures and beamshot.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...enix-TK35-UE-amp-TK35-L2-Pictures-Impressions

magicstone12

Banned
I have little free time, but I'd like to do this.
Unfortunately my English is that of Google Translator and I do not know if it's appropriate to write a review.
I can try, in the worst case you will do a lot of laughs.
Surely I'll do a photo/beamshot comparison.
The comparison would be between an old TK35 (year 2012) mod with an XM-L2 neutral withe (bin 3C) and the "old" TK35 UE 1800 lumens.
For the moment not buying the new XHP50 version because it is not neutral withe.
I bought this flashlight for use in a dense forest where the throw is useless, It with its enormous wide beam should be perfect.
I think the "old" TK35 UE is the best choice because it allows me to maintain the light level of 750 lumens for four hours without overheating.
I can try to photograph the difference between 900 and 750 lumens, but I want to remind that the user Gopajti has in the past done a good job with its excellent comparative pictures and beamshot.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...enix-TK35-UE-amp-TK35-L2-Pictures-Impressions

I have read this post,the photos are really impressive,but I want to know more about the runtime and output,selfbuilt do more in his review.Look forward to your reviews,don't worry about your english,photos can also tell people the difference.:)

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have read this post,the photos are really impressive,but I want to know more about the runtime and output,selfbuilt do more in his review.Look forward to your reviews,don't worry about your english,photos can also tell people the difference.:)

Today the TK35 UE 1800 lm has arrived at destination.
I do not know if tonight I find time to do some comparative photos because I plan to do a hiking with it immediately.
If tonight I did not realize Beamshot I hope to do over the weekend.
Yesterday I could find a perfect holster in a military shop.
For people interested the dealer told me that is a holster for carrying weapons magazine.
(I do not like the original TK35 holster)

Sj9xJv.jpg

iGtQyK.jpg

PjRWhC.jpg

uyrPvD.jpg

UM5YRE.jpg

Last edited:

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tonight no hike with flashlights (too tired and uncertain weather)
I made some photos and video comparatives, in the coming hours I put them in this post.
For the moment I show only three videos - maybe tomorrow I find the time to upload the animated pictures.

Fenix TK35 (year 2012) modified with LED XM-L2 NW (bin 3C - 4750/5000 K) vs Fenix TK35 UE 1800 lumens
The tree is located approximately 95 meters

8Ir26W.gif

UVdeCd.gif

pKhurU.gif

Low brightness level (15 lumens led XM-L2 vs 25 lumens led MT-G2)

lZXAW8.gif

Other comparison:
TK35 UE (250 lumens) vs Nitecore P12 NW (210 lumens)

cNnb33.gif

IXsbvV.gif

LlQ4NE.gif

Last edited:

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Added new photos (animated GIF) to post #31.

If you think this content here is OT let me know that I remove them and create a new thread (TK35 XM-L2 vs TK35 UE 1800 lumens)

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the pics, Stefano.

The original Fenix TK35 (modded to NW) definitely out-throws the Fenix TK35UE, even though it outputs less lumens. The newer TK35UE, however, has a nice broad hot spot a bright spill that are good for general use.

If forced to choose between them, I think I prefer the TK35UE, but flashlights are just tools. You gotta pick the right one for the job at hand.

Last edited:

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree.
Though older beam weaknesses is shown now in comparisons.
It's just not spewing the photons of the UE.

Any range gained on older is taken from spill and leaves it to being a spot light with spill and new the light is simply a thrown wall of light that probably has more overall lux on target at distance.
Just my guess and hunch from the excellent photos.

I want the UE☺

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad to have both two TK35, they have a different character.
I purchased the TK35 UE for a specific use, hiking in a particularly dense forest where throw is useless, with Zebralight H602w over the head and the TK35 UE in the hand I think I can have total visibility.
I hope to try soon TK35 UE in the woods.
For those interested in TK35 "standard" time ago I made a short video in the woods.

magicstone12

Banned
Today the TK35 UE 1800 lm has arrived at destination.
I do not know if tonight I find time to do some comparative photos because I plan to do a hiking with it immediately.
If tonight I did not realize Beamshot I hope to do over the weekend.
For people interested the dealer told me that is a holster for carrying weapons magazine.

Thanks,look forward to your review and beamshots

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks,look forward to your review and beamshots

Thank you.
But at the moment I do not think I can find the time to do a review but I'd like to realize it..
I hope to do soon more photos and videos outdoors. (I have not yet tested the TK35UE during hiking)

dazzleaj

Newly Enlightened

UM5YRE.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That is a really good idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.