New "Folding LED" light at Wal-Mart

napalm-2002

Enlightened
really though 5 stars or no stars is the way it should be.the stars should designate the helpful knowledgeable instructive.to let some stand out but by no means should anyone be disrespected by less than 4 stars.face it its either worth the stars or its not ones opinion should not have to make someone look bad.
mad.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Well... might as well put this train back on the right track...

I just received my test unit, and I must say, if first impressions count for everything I'd flush this baby right down the nearest toliet!
wink.gif

But first impressions are just that - first impressions.

folding1.jpg

The Folding LED Lantern, as it likes to be called (not "toilet fodder"), actually does an acceptable job of lighting a small room well enough to navigate by. Most of its testing will have to wait until after dark, as this isn't some super bright light saber.

One use I could see for it right away was as a tent light. It hangs up quite nicely with its built-in swinging hook.

folding2.jpg

It should turn out to be bright enough to use for nighttime reading - as long as you are already at least partially adapted to darkness; for example while camping.
If you are plunged into instant blackness like in a power failure, this might not be the first light you want to reach for.

More later. I can't do a whole lot until after dark.