• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New generation of E-series compatible heads?

FNinjaP90

Enlightened
I don't frequent these subforums much, but I just placed myself on the lists for PEU's pineapple body and 27mm crenelated bezel. I hear that that Aleph is being discontinued, and I wonder when the next generation of E-series "LEGO" heads will come up. As nice as the 27T and Aleph1 look, I'd love the possibility for a more agressive form of 27mm head to better match the pineapple body. Thanks.

Also, what is the brightest whitest 3W dropin sandwich available for the Mc--- line? I only see 4 at the shoppe. I'm guessing Madmax Plus will be brighter than the Madmax Lite? What voltage ranges can these handle?

Last edited:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Would barbed wire welded to the head be aggressive enough? How about some milled grooves for accepting single edge razors?
:ohgeez:

dpled

Enlightened
SWEET!:rock: :lolsign:

McGizmo said:
Would barbed wire welded to the head be aggressive enough? How about some milled grooves for accepting single edge razors?

FNinjaP90

Enlightened
McGizmo said:

Sweeet. This thread wasn't meant to insult your heads. They're great, but I was just wondering if there will be some new designs now that the Aleph is discontinued.

Last edited:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
The Aleph "group" has been discontinued because I have limited resources and turned my focus on the "x2" converters and host lights for them coupled with optics that made sense.

If you want a head to match the pinapple body I would think PEU would be the person to go to. I believe he has a head in the design stages already.

In regards to a new generation of Aleph heads, there is a new generation head in the works but it won't be revealed until it is ready to be provided. It isn't tactical, it is not aggressive on the surface and it would look silly on the pineapple body, IMHO. That is more than I had planned on stating and I definitely won't say more at this time. :eek:

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don, you are the most artful teaser on the forums.:bow:

Of course, part of the pleasure of life is anticipation and I look forward to whatever creation you may have in mind for the Aleph's dying spasm! :devil:

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
McGizmo said:
It isn't tactical, it is not aggressive on the surface and it would look silly on the pineapple body, IMHO.

Since my wife already refers to my "silly lights" it sounds like this head will be right up my alley! :grin2:

schiesz

Macaw

Enlightened
I WANT A RAZOR BLADDED ALEPH HEAD! When are you coming out with those Don?:sold: :grin2:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Longbow said:
The "Gizz" is thin skinned!

Yup, worn thin from too many years and too many hours in abrasive contact. I am working on building up some callouses though. I have started with bare feet and now find I need to be less careful about what I walk on! :thumbsup: