New guy with and old question: What is the BRIGHTEST LED production flashlight?

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about the new Wisled Tactical? :whistle:
2600 lumens in BOOST mode, 2300 lumens in high.. one of the most powerful mass-produced LED flashlights made until now, i guess :)

You should also remember that WiseLED uses REAL lumens, not Emitter lumens, just check www.wiseled.com

Simply the best flashlight going!! I own the Tactical 2000 and talk of its attributes often. These new ones should put the doubters to rest,:thumbsup:

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SR90 is the only LED light I've ever encountered, or even heard of, that will turn off a street light (the kind with the light sensor on the top). Based on experience with mine, it's also built like a tank. :twothumbs

Guess you never heard of the DEFT then? Was putting out higher lux than the SR90 two years before the Olight was even made.;)

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Elektrolumens still has the KONG up on his order page. ~8500 lumens. About 3X to 4X brighter than the SST-90/SSR90 lights.
CPFMP thread
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=196135

Like StarHalo I think you should look at HID or hotwires.
The BIG Lights
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/198582

Even the Thor (or clone) 15 million candlepower which can be had for <$100. The clones can sometimes be as low as $25 on sale.
I bought a 2 million CP for $10 just to get a feeling of the 'million CP' rating. The little pistol shaped searchlight does not have a good hotspot (too tiny) but the corona is BIG and BRIGHT. As big as my P7 Mag spill light, half as bright as the P7 Mag hotspot. If it were not for the ringy beam, it would put my P7 Mag to shame.
Now the weight of the SLA battery is another matter.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about the new Wisled Tactical? :whistle:
2600 lumens in BOOST mode, 2300 lumens in high.. one of the most powerful mass-produced LED flashlights made until now, i guess :)

You should also remember that WiseLED uses REAL lumens, not Emitter lumens, just check www.wiseled.com

The only problem is that the thing costs $750 + VAT + shipping = :eek:

The modders can make such powerfull home brew lights because they don't have to worry about heat, run-time etc (as stated above). I can make a 4000 lumen LED light but it will be too hot to continue to run after 40 seconds and the battery may only last 10 min. - not the sort of thing it is worth making for a large manufacturer.

Last edited:

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guess you never heard of the DEFT then? Was putting out higher lux than the SR90 two years before the Olight was even made.;)
Turning off a streetlight is one area where candle power out guns lumen. I've seen home made led lights that put out twice the lumen of the SR90 but won't turn off a street light.

To turn off a streetlight you've got to put most of those lumen on the target. That's where the SR90 really shines. Unless you've personally witnessed a DEFT turning off a street light, I won't believe it. Just having a massive flood light with lots of leds doesn't cut the mustard as far as I'm concerned.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Turning off a streetlight is one area where candle power out guns lumen. I've seen home made led lights that put out twice the lumen of the SR90 but won't turn off a street light.

To turn off a streetlight you've got to put most of those lumen on the target. That's where the SR90 really shines. Unless you've personally witnessed a DEFT turning off a street light, I won't believe it. Just having a massive flood light with lots of leds doesn't cut the mustard as far as I'm concerned.
:thinking: Um...OK then. I guess you haven't heard of the DEFT. In fact I have never tried to turn off a street light but if an SR90 can do it a DEFT can do it better. The SR90 does like 116K cp and the best of the DEFTs that I sold was right over 200k cp. If you look in my sig you will see my R+D DEFT that does over 400k cp. There isn't another light out there that puts a greater percentage of the light produced on target so I think the DEFT would do just fine in your lamp tripping test.:)

DLF

Newly Enlightened
Ditto. The light OTF from 4Sevens' Quark MiNi CR2 on high still makes me giggle.

The thing that will surprise you most out of everything is the amount of light and functionality you can get out of something not much bigger than the tiny battery powering it, that was my biggest wow when I got into this forum.

:welcome: