New HL60R With a True 950-Lumen Mode--NO Burst Mode

Ambiorix

Newly Enlightened
Is there anybody who can please share their user experiences regarding this Fenix HL60R?

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the response we got from Fenix:

1. Why on earth did they have to make the sequence start in burst, followed by red? It would have been way better (and I think most will agree) if the sequence was: Red -> Eco -> Low -> Mid -> High -> Burst. Preferably even without the memory so that you don't have to cycle through every mode (including burst) if you want to go a lower setting while you are in the Low or Mid setting.
ANSWER: Actually I don't quite understand why the customer asking for a different output setting to start from red instead of turbo. But as you know, now the factory default output is the highest brightness level, so HL60R starts at Turbo, which also has the intelligent memory circuit to recall the last-used brightness level. I think this would be very helpful for this customer if he/she wants to go a lower setting.

2. Is there any option that it can be customized (by the end user) such that the sequence is kept but it starts of everytime in Red?
ANSWER: If the customer wants the customized options/products as he/she mentioned below, there is no problem technically for our R&D dept. to develop but which has to be based on the whole market requests and MOQ.

3. Does this light have some sort of locking mechanism to prevent it from accidently activating while in a backpack?
ANSWER: The customer/user can unscrew the battery cover half an circle to get a current/power interruption, which can prevent it from accidentally activating.

4. In which way is the 18650 and charger protected (from overcharge)? Is just the 18650 protected or the charger as well?
ANSWER: The battery is protected because the protection circuit is included in the product.

5. Also, in the picture where you see the headlamp connected to the USB connection, this seems an awful lot like the new 3.1 USB C-type due to its rounded form. Can anybody confirm this? Would be really need
ANSWER: It is the traditional Micro USB connection but not the 3.1 USB C-type.

I've yet to buy my first headlamp and was looking for perfection, but I think this approaches it the best.

I absolutely love the fact that it uses the standard 18650 Li-Ion battery and can be charged by USB, giving it great output, batterylife and making it very versatile. I love the red light and mode spacing. I truly love that it's waterproof and completely out of aluminium. Heck i even love that it's perfectly symmetrical along both the horizontal as well as the vertical axis.

There is however one thing that's potentially holding me back. Why on earth did they have to make the sequence start in burst, followed by red? :confused:
It would have been way better (and I think most will agree) if the sequence was: Red -> Eco -> Low -> Mid -> High -> Burst. Preferably even without the memory so that you don't have to cycle through every mode (including burst) if you want to go a lower setting while you are in the Low or Mid setting.

Is there any option that it can be customized (by the end user) such that the sequence is kept but it starts of everytime in Red?

I think this light would be absolutely perfect if it had no memory mode, a basic sequence which started everytime in Eco -> Low -> Mid -> High and two dedicated buttons for Red and Burst (two on top or one on top and one on the bottem to keep the symmetry). That would have been absolute perfection!

I have two remaining questions:
- Does this light have some sort of locking mechanisme to prevent it from accidently activating while in a backpack?
- In which way is the 18650 and charger protected (from overcharge)? Is just the 18650 protected or the charger as well?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there anybody who can please share their user experiences regarding this Fenix HL60R?

Someone please help on this. This headlamp is selling light crazy...to the point Fenix ran out. We can see why based on its features and construction.

Some of your end users, give us your reviews. Thanks

Ambiorix

Newly Enlightened
About the Nitecore HC90 is stated that charge current is limited to 500mA in the review quoted below

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-(XM-L2-T6-5mm-RGB-LEDs-1x-18650-2x-(R)CR123a)

The charge current is limited to 500mA ( 515mA according to my multimeter) regardless of input system specifications we use, so fully charge a 3100mA 18650 battery will takes more than 6 hours. The final charge voltage to the battery is 4.2V, and shows a correct CC/CV algorithm , gradually decreasing current when charging reaches ~4V, to finish charge properly.

Is the charge current the same for the Fenix HL60R or is it able to reach 1000mA and is a similar algorithm applied for correctly charging the battery?

Last edited:

Eneloops

Newly Enlightened
charging current??

About the Nitecore HC90 is stated that charge current is limited to 500mA in the review quoted below

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-(XM-L2-T6-5mm-RGB-LEDs-1x-18650-2x-(R)CR123a)

Is the charge current the same for the Fenix HL60R or is it able to reach 1000mA and is a similar algorithm applied for correctly charging the battery?

Hello, I have the same question, but it doesn't seem like answers are being revealed here.

I've been enjoying my new HL60r that replaced my HL55, especially the dual red LED's for night-vision and charging status display. Does anyone know what the charging current is? How many milliamps it draws when internally charging an 18650 cell?

I noticed the Fenix branded 18650 has a protection circuit built into it and it's longer than my Panasonics that are unprotected. Is the HL60r's built-in charger going to be compatible with my unprotected cells? All good?

The only thing I'm having trouble with is opening the rubber cover on the charging port. I cannot, for the life of me, get it open without using a toothpick or something. My fingers are just too fat and there isn't enough tab to grip onto.

Last edited: