New! Laserlux lens system for Luxeon Solitiare

tonyb

Enlightened
Secondary reflections are always a problem with optics but as always there is solution at a price, anti-reflective coatings help with light throughput also reflections from the tube used to connect the to lens will interfere with the beam. My beam spot is somewhat off because I used vinyl tubing instead of some rigid material to hold the second lens. The frean and other optics combine the two seperate lens I use into one lens and take care of the side reflection problem at the same time. Probably the best design yet. The only advantage to useing two seperate lenses would be to allow for focusability.

Wylie

Enlightened
I thought you were going there but was afraid to mention it. Very Cool!
If you would like to go for something more compact try a meniscus magnifier over the top of your original lens with the same curvature on the inside as your original lens.
I have had some nice results with this but not in as compact a size as you are working with.
The coolest thing is with either design there is no black hole! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif
If you would like to find some lenses cheap that you do not have to make try this website.