new leadlight 110 mod!!!

Raccoon

Enlightened
There should be some sort of law that permits American People to perform experiments in the desert if the US Gubbament is allowed to.

deezdrama05

Enlightened
I have a box of these 110 units, I did this mod on 3 of them and got good results till I fried one and now realize that we are pulling 600ma current draw. How can we get the current draw to 450ma???

Corona

Enlightened
My advice is to "de-mod" your pointers back to original condition, before you have a box of useless junk.

The A106 capacitor mod totally defeats the current limiting to the LD, and is the most ill-conceived "mod" I've ever encountered. With the APC circuit defeated in this way, the LD current is dependant only on the battery's impedance and the pass transistor(s) saturated (full ON state) voltage drop, which ain't much limitation at all. Worse, the current in this condition can spike to very high levels, and the steady-state current is unpredictable - and will vary widely over temperature changes. If you are doing this mod, you might as well eliminate all the drive electronics and simply put a resistor in series with the LD's battery connection, at least the current limit point would be somewhat constant...of course this is a stupid idea, which is my point. Too many people are being taken in by this kind of modification, and are throwing money in the toilet for the sake of an expedient "solution". Bah.

I have posted a far better mod on this forum - and furthermore have found that with the factory values (shown in my reverse-engineered schematic), the LD current can be adjusted anywhere within the LD safe operating range - and beyond. Leadlight did a fine job with this design and it needs only my mod to allow it to work reliably with two AAA cells (it works great without mods above 3.5V).

Last edited:

Latest posts