New Luminox Analog/Digital at last!

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior

B@rt

Flashaholic
It looks ok, but I like analog one better... At $217.50 it's not a bad deal though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
2117ck.jpg

Wits', yeah the only difference is the face color. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Deanster

Enlightened
Hmmmm... not all I'd been hoping for, but I'll probably end up getting one. The LCD looks like the cheapest, lowest quality sort, and it's just jammed in the upper half of the face, and they've taken out two tritium vials to make the space. Fugly. No vial on the second hand, or on the bezel dot, either.

Yet, a Luminox with an alarm goes an awfully long way towards addressing my #1 need, which is a travel watch with tritium vials for easy viewing on planes, in dark hotel rooms and other very dark places, and an alarm for waking.

I'll probably give one a try, complain about how fugly it is constantly, but continue to find it the best match for my needs.

matt_j

Enlightened
I'm disapointed with its looks. I guess after all these years of waiting I was expecting something more military/black looking. Oh well at least they pushed the technology thru so new models will be arriving soon.

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
The luminox watch is junk. It looks ugly and digital face is tiny. The design is at least 2 decades too old. I rather buy a different brand.

BillG

Newly Enlightened
over on tactical forums they have a navy seal sub forum....luminox gets pretty bad reviews there.....the seals are issued casio g shock dw660 digital watches........and they love them. hard use watches that need no maintenace. :)

but YMMV

matt_j

Enlightened
Bill,

I went thru 3 "navy seal" watches just living my life for the past 4 years. I guess my life is hardcore.

LOL

BillG

Newly Enlightened
hey matt j

if you live near 38th st and ave D or Foster in Flatbush, then i can see you going thru that many casio's :)