New Maratac "Rev 2" AAA light at County Comm....

EVRE

Newly Enlightened
Guess I'm not alone with my displeasure of the new V2...
I went to a bit of an extreme by trying to modify it and destroyed it. I can say I'm really not that sad, other than being out the $30 to get it to my door, I wouldn't have used it over my CU anyway.

FYI, you cant pull out the 'pill' there is no pill. As far as I can tell, the thing was assembled by magic.

EVRE

Knighthood

Newly Enlightened
Ok, maybe you guys/gals can help me out here for I sent an email to County Comm asking questions about the light and maybe you can understand the reply or have one already to answer my questions.

About Maratac™ AAA Flashlight Rev 2 - twist on for High, Twist on again for Low. 3 Second Memory and then resets.

What is this 3 secs memory thing ? Can I set it to start low rather than high ? So that it will always start low 1st ?

Is it 100% digital driven ? In other word is it PWM regulated and if so at rate ? Thanks !!

His reply was:

It defaults to 2-3 second memory which then resets where you left off.

Its 94% driven.

Can anybody scan in the manual for this light please ? Thanks !!

AlphaZen

Enlightened
in my eyes, the perfect ITP A3 EOS killer/upgrade/replacement would be:

- XM-L... This is a keychain light, not a tactical under-rifle-barrel thrower!

- knurling from the Maratac.. perfect grip for one handed operation. Iluminati was almost there but not quite agressive enough, itp and olight is too slippery with just the lengthwise fluting.

- keychain attachment point of the Iluminati Al... it tailstands AND hangs off keys good. olights sucks, itp didnt tailstand at all, maratac was good but the keychain clip is weak and looks like $#1T

- high mode brighter than current models. self explanitory... you gotta outdo previous models to be a "killer"!

- THREE mode. duh

- "lower" low mode.

- possible mode memory to squash all L>M>H versus H>M>L starting mode arguments. set it on low at night if you dont want to wake up and have high mode kill your night vision. set it on hi if you know you will be out and needing high first. simple as that.

- no more PWM if possible?
Yes, shadeone, that looks just about perfect! Add a trit slot in the end and you described my ideal edc.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does CountryCom accept PayPal and do they ship to Canada? I like the look of those mini pry bars and bit drivers.
Pm me if it's not appropriate to talk about in the thread, though I think my question is harmless enough

Knighthood

Newly Enlightened
Ok, maybe you guys/gals can help me out here for I sent an email to County Comm asking questions about the light and maybe you can understand the reply or have one already to answer my questions.

About Maratac™ AAA Flashlight Rev 2 - twist on for High, Twist on again for Low. 3 Second Memory and then resets.

What is this 3 secs memory thing ? Can I set it to start low rather than high ? So that it will always start low 1st ?

Is it 100% digital driven ? In other word is it PWM regulated and if so at rate ? Thanks !!

His reply was:

It defaults to 2-3 second memory which then resets where you left off.

Its 94% driven.

Can anybody scan in the manual for this light please ? Thanks !!

Can anybody with this flashlight please answer my questions ? ( I still don't know if I can set it to start low as default and I still don't know if it is digital or PWM ) Thanks !!

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Can anybody with this flashlight please answer my questions ? ( I still don't know if I can set it to start low as default and I still don't know if it is digital or PWM ) Thanks !!

No, it will always start in high first. It's a very high frequency PWM on low then switches to direct drive on high.

Knighthood

Newly Enlightened
No, it will always start in high first. It's a very high frequency PWM on low then switches to direct drive on high.

Ok, Thank you. I gave up waiting on an answer and didn't order it. I am sure glad I didn't !! You know how it is, you try to order everything you wanted in one order due to the min shipping of $7.95.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, those bars look great.

Your right, it does not accept PayPal accounts outside of USA :(
Oh well
The one I have feels solid, but the Mid is just barely big enough to hold comfortably. I've added a bit of rope handle padding to it, but haven't had an opportunity to use it yet. Want it?

JME.

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, those bars look great.

Your right, it does not accept PayPal accounts outside of USA :(
Oh well

CarpentryHero, if you go to the "International Customers" section at Country Comm it will take you to a page where you can chose Miles Stairs Survival Shop. He carries most of CC's stuff (maratac, pea lighters, breacher bars, mini prys) and ships to Canada and abroad.

Last edited:

turkeylord

Enlightened
Bump...

Just got 2 a couple weeks ago, one natural alum and one black anodized alum. They are quite a bit different in function as well. The natural one soft-starts and the PWM frequency is very low. The LED has a greenish tint as well. The black one is much better - it's the one I wound up giving to the wife for her purse. IIRC it seemed to have memory while the natural one did not.

And then I tried to disassemble the natural one today-wound up breaking the driver out of the head, and then the pill would NOT unscrew. :(

LJUSMC

Newly Enlightened
Forgive my ignorance... what is a pill?

Bump...

Just got 2 a couple weeks ago, one natural alum and one black anodized alum. They are quite a bit different in function as well. The natural one soft-starts and the PWM frequency is very low. The LED has a greenish tint as well. The black one is much better - it's the one I wound up giving to the wife for her purse. IIRC it seemed to have memory while the natural one did not.

And then I tried to disassemble the natural one today-wound up breaking the driver out of the head, and then the pill would NOT unscrew. :(

turkeylord

Enlightened
Forgive my ignorance... what is a pill?
A typically substantial hunk of metal that the emitter (LED) is mounted on. Structural for the mount and the first line of heatsinking to keep the temps down on the emitter. Sometimes the driver is also mounted to the pill.