*new* Olight M20SX Javelot

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks again for the info. I may give olight another month first. I have the m2x extender , makes the m22 into a cool long running light.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I went right ahead and opened up my living room olight factory to dedome my m22 quite easy really, thanks to Ryp I made sure it was well heated, I didnt force anything and it popped right off. Instant I think twice the throw? I do not own any throwers so its a guess at about 40k ? Could be more. The tint change dosnt bother me, a little more incan thats all. I would recomend this light off the shelf based on my playing and ownership of 4 m20's. Good solid lights these. Simple and built to work not be showy ;-)

ZRX

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys. The only reason i didnt bought M20SX Warrior is because its low maximum output, and i got really excited when they released Javelot. But ive read somwhere that new dedomed led have a 15% narrower beam and now a bit dissapointed.
Can someone provide a beamshots of warrior and javelot to see the deffirense please? And is there a orange peel reflector that fits M20SX javelot (i know it comes with a difuser, but not feeling like using it)?
Would greatly appreciate any information.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Going on my experience with my new M2X I am betting this new M20SX still puts out a laser like highly concentrated beam it just doesnt reach as far

king2penn

Enlightened
M22 beam: Wide hotspot with good bright flood (tint is cool white)

M20SX beam: Narrow hotspot with little flood (tint is yellowish)

Will post beamshots if have the time :)

ZRX

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. Did anyone tried if orange peel reflectors from earlier models fits m20sx javelot?

SVT-ROY

Enlightened
Exactly! 370m of throw compared to 810m of throw!

I know it is NOT fair but you put a "vn" after M2X and you get ~300Kcd/ ~ 1095m of throw!:twothumbs That is what mine is now.

Say what.......I need more info on this. In this configuration would the 18650 extention tube still be usable? 8.4 volts....

spike73

Newly Enlightened
Does this light require button top 18650's or is it able to use any 18650 like the Fenix lights?