*NEW* Olight M3X-UT Javelot

pvsampson

Newly Enlightened
Re: *NEW* Olight M3XS-UT Javelot

You sais also, that the M3X UT is clearly more intense than the M2X UT?

Hope thats true.....160 kcd, against 250 kcd, of the M3X UT.

Can i see a difference, when you shine them both against a white wall?

Definite difference on a white wall and the M3XS has a tighter cooler hotspot.The M3Xs is the brighter light,and has more maximum throw range by at least 150 metres,and the Olight specs on throw are low in my experience.

At distance of 600 mtrs the M3XS is CLEARLY outshining the M2X,at 900 mtrs the M2X is about at it's limit where the M3XS still has quite a bit of "grunt" left. I can definitely tell if there was a person at 1000 mtrs with the M3XS.

Last edited:

RemcoM

Enlightened

Yes, so is mine,

Received yesterday my Olight M3X UT Javelot,

And its just the opposite of my M2X UT......very OVERpowered (which i very like offcourse) ,i think between 300 and 400 kcd.

I was te very lucky one, to receive a extremely overpowered one....like Vinh has, it dedomed/modded.

Shined it against a wall, and the M2X, was nearly completely washed out, with its hotspot...so intense is my M3X........the hotspot really hurts the eyes.

It even outthrows/shines my nitecore TM36, with alot brighter hotspot for the M3X UT.

Its the complete opposite of my M2X, my m2X, is just Extremely underpowered, with only 120 plus kcd.

But........some few negative things, almost everything is positive with this light.....moonmode..everything.

But, the puch...on off button, feels very weak/sloppy, and the hotspot is smaller than i had expected....but its a pure monsterthrower.

Go test it, outside when it is good weather.

Its my farthest throwing light, i actually have.

Sort TK61vn like.

kj2

Flashaholic

Would like to see a comparison between your M2X and M3XS. You're saying one is "under-powered" and the your M3XS is "overpowered".
A comparison photo would be nice, so I can check if there is a big difference compared with my samples.

RemcoM

Enlightened

Would like to see a comparison between your M2X and M3XS. You're saying one is "under-powered" and the your M3XS is "overpowered".
A comparison photo would be nice, so I can check if there is a big difference compared with my samples.

I try, in the next days.

Yes, its a monster of a light...a small monster.....that it outshines/more intense, than my Nitecore TM36, is a big surprise.

Beam is easily visible outside, during afternoon...but i will test, more later..firstly, i want fully loaden batteries.

But the hotspot is very smal, isnt it, in comparison, to my M2X...but thats good....real monsterthrowers, need small hotspots.

Its like an underpowered TK61vn...but an overpowered M3X he he!

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast

Definite difference on a white wall and the M3XS has a tighter cooler hotspot.The M3Xs is the brighter light,and has more maximum throw range by at least 150 metres,and the Olight specs on throw are low in my experience.

At distance of 600 mtrs the M3XS is CLEARLY outshining the M2X,at 900 mtrs the M2X is about at it's limit where the M3XS still has quite a bit of "grunt" left. I can definitely tell if there was a person at 1000 mtrs with the M3XS.

Folks familiar with ranging with mils, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Assuming a person is 6 ft tall, at 1 km away, doesn't that represent 1.83 mils?
Assuming one's arm is about 2ft long, a person 6 ft tall would appear only 0.044 in tall @ one arm's length (or 2 ft) away.
0.044 in, that's less than 1/16 of an inch!
I don't think I can identify the outline of a person with confidence 1 km away in broad daylight with perfect visibility.

pvsampson

Newly Enlightened

Folks familiar with ranging with mils, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Assuming a person is 6 ft tall, at 1 km away, doesn't that represent 1.83 mils?
Assuming one's arm is about 2ft long, a person 6 ft tall would appear only 0.044 in tall @ one arm's length (or 2 ft) away.
0.044 in, that's less than 1/16 of an inch!
I don't think I can identify the outline of a person with confidence 1 km away in broad daylight with perfect visibility.

I can ID ANY human at one kilometer in daylight,and at night with M3XS.It really isn't that far.

uofaengr

Enlightened
Got out to probably the furthest distance I can get to while at work and not draw a ton of attention. Had 3 stacks all 750ft tall in front of me at varying distances. Was able to see the tops of the first two at calculated 450m and 670m. The furthest was calculated at 850m and I couldn't tell any light hitting it though there was some ambient light already hitting it. Confirmed 700m last night so 750m might be the very top of its range. One of these days I'll go to a flat field with a kilometer to work with and place some targets to verify.

Again this is an M2Xvn with XP-L HI 5000K and driven at maybe 5A so should be closer on par with the M3X-UT so that's why I'm posting this here. Would be eager to hear anyone's max distance with an M2Xvn with XP-G2 PDTc.

And if someone is seeing 900m with a stock M2X at only 160kcd, then they must have some kind of vision lol.

Last edited:

pvsampson

Newly Enlightened
And if someone is seeing 900m with a stock M2X at only 160kcd, then they must have some kind of vision lol.

This is what I stated..."at 900 mtrs the M2X is about at it's limit".

Didn't say anything about seeing anything at that distance.

In reference to how big a person looks at 1000 metres,they are small.But one can tell there is a person moving around,versus,say,a kangaroo or a cow.I have spent the vast majority of my 50 years on this planet living in the bush.I can see a person at 1km.It is not a matter of looking at what is there,but a matter of what is not usually there.When one is familiar with ones environment,anything that is not usually in that environment tends to stick out,and humans have a distinctive shape and method of locomotion.Pretty easy to spot someone at a distance.

uofaengr

Enlightened

Yes I would assume the M2X is at its limit at 900m since the factory rating is 810m which is likely overstated.

I could probably see someone moving too at 1km...in broad daylight in a perfectly flat area with no obstructions. I don't think I have the eyes though to see it with a fraction of a lux or essentially moonlight.

pvsampson

Newly Enlightened

Ok.All good.

But at one kilometre distance I wasn't mentioning anything about the M2X. The M3XS WILL light at that distance.I've done it and have seen and identified cattle moving.Pretty simple statement,pretty simple to understand.

uofaengr

Enlightened

Ok good thanks for simplifying...some of us have very simple minds here. Glad it's working out for you. What tools did you use to verify this distance?

uofaengr

Enlightened

Ugh, not going to engage...but lighten up, Francis. It's a flashlight.

So how about these Olights huh? Who's ready for an M4X? [emoji1]

Mike81

Newly Enlightened

Got this today. What a great light cannon it is!

Nice hotspot and very usable spill.

I'll have to do some beamshots and few in the studio. Thank god it's October and there's dark enough to take those beamshots early evening.

RemcoM

Enlightened
Got out to probably the furthest distance I can get to while at work and not draw a ton of attention. Had 3 stacks all 750ft tall in front of me at varying distances. Was able to see the tops of the first two at calculated 450m and 670m. The furthest was calculated at 850m and I couldn't tell any light hitting it though there was some ambient light already hitting it. Confirmed 700m last night so 750m might be the very top of its range. One of these days I'll go to a flat field with a kilometer to work with and place some targets to verify.

Again this is an M2Xvn with XP-L HI 5000K and driven at maybe 5A so should be closer on par with the M3X-UT so that's why I'm posting this here. Would be eager to hear anyone's max distance with an M2Xvn with XP-G2 PDTc.

I cannot even reach a tree, with my underpowered M2X, at 500 meters away, while my new M3X UT, DOES reach 500 meters easily, and further...just barely..but lit up...a house at 1000 meters.

Its a bit more intense than my nitecore TM36.

So, im pretty happy, with the new M3X UT.

I think it throws as far as the TK75vnkt.

uofaengr

Enlightened
I cannot even reach a tree, with my underpowered M2X, at 500 meters away, while my new M3X UT, DOES reach 500 meters easily, and further...just barely..but lit up...a house at 1000 meters.

Its a bit more intense than my nitecore TM36.

So, im pretty happy, with the new M3X UT.

I think it throws as far as the TK75vnkt.
That is great to hear. Wanted a M3X for the longest time, but really wanted a single 18650 format rather than having to invest in 18500s. Also learned that the M3X has just a slightly deeper reflector than the M2X which should help it out with distance. My TK61vn will be here tomorrow which will be my new throw king.

RemcoM

Enlightened
Hi all,

1 Can i restore maximum kcd-intensity, when after some minutes, on high, the M3X UT, lost intensity-lumens......i turn it off, and on again=

The batteries are nearly still full then, i think.

2 Its nice, that it has a moonmode.

Where do you use the moonmode for.

Last evening, i showed my M3X UT, to somebody...turned it on, on moonmode, and all he said, was...so....thats a bright flashlight!

But then, i said, that that was only the lowest mode....then pumped it up to high, and he was speechless...totally wowed-blown away.

Ha ha!