*new* Olight S1 - XM-L2, (R)CR123

TacticalFleshlight

Newly Enlightened
I'm sure a small drop of almost any epoxy would do the trick. Or maybe even a drop of that thicker gel super glue? Anything with enough viscosity to stay domed while it cured.

antouan

Newly Enlightened
I just got my s1 and did not care for the clip. I tried bending the tip open more and it snapped off at the bend:mad:
Overall I like the light but I reversed the clip so the light points down and wanted it to clip into the corner of my jeans pocket and when I reach in with my thumb I could pull it out and turn it on. I'm also thinking I would like to put some surgra or something to make a "bump" to help find the button better. Any thoughts on this?
I just put a small piece of grip tape in order to find the button easier [emoji6]
61424fa4f000aa3dd799f624912d2233.jpg

Last edited:

Jiri

Newly Enlightened

Really... why there are always these small but very noticeable differences in the tint of the same type of LED in high quallity flashlight... what is the theory and practice here, that when I buy 7 Olight S1 flashlights and every flashlight has a little different tint, as shown on the pictures? I really wonder. I also got 2 Fenix PD35 with different tints, or 3 Fenix PD22 UE with different tints?

The manufactures can't really ensure the same coating of the LED with every piece they do? Even though... why there can be so noticeable differences? They control the quallity, faults, LUX and Lumens, check for any differences but they don't really check/control the final tint of the flashlight that hits the market.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really... why there are always these small but very noticeable differences in the tint of the same type of LED in high quallity flashlight... what is the theory and practice here, that when I buy 7 Olight S1 flashlights and every flashlight has a little different tint, as shown on the pictures? I really wonder. I also got 2 Fenix PD35 with different tints, or 3 Fenix PD22 UE with different tints?

The manufactures can't really ensure the same coating of the LED with every piece they do? Even though... why there can be so noticeable differences? They control the quallity, faults, LUX and Lumens, check for any differences but they don't really check/control the final tint of the flashlight that hits the market.
Stock led is on the left. The other 3 are modified.

Stock, 5000k, 4000k and 2900k high CRI.

Jiri

Newly Enlightened
Stock led is on the left. The other 3 are modified.

Stock, 5000k, 4000k and 2900k high CRI.

Ok, I can understand that, but I really have 7 peices of Olight S1, and 2 of those 7 have a more neutral white beam, copmared to the other 5... no modifications done. Nobody else noticed any differences?

Last edited:

Prepped

Enlightened
I am finding it hard to quickly find the button on the S1.

In the daytime I can see where the button is but at night forget it.

CHEERS

Try aligning the clip directly on the other side of the light. It helps me. Also a gripe I have with side switch activated lights, but a small inconvenience, especially for an EDC light where I don't need the light immediately. While on duty, a rear clicky is a must, for me.

markr6

Flashaholic
Ok, I can understand that, but I really have 7 peices of Olight S1, and 2 of those 7 have a more neutral white beam, copmared to the other 5... no modifications done. Nobody else noticed any differences?

Unfortunately that happens with all/most manufacturers. I don't expect them to spend the time to scrap an emitter just because it's not the same as another, but it would be nice! I really like consistency, which is a total curse for this hobby!

Arctonaut

Newly Enlightened
I freakin' love this little light. A Streamlight microstream has been my default, go-to mini-light for a while, but the S1 has bumped it down into the reserves.

So much utility in such a small light! :thumbsup:

Prepped

Enlightened
So, with the recent release of the S10R II Baton, what's the likelihood we'll get a rechargeable S1 Baton? Anyone on in the 'in' that has some input?

ncristia

Newly Enlightened
Just received S1 put in a fresh efest16340 positive end toward tail cap and nothing.
Any suggestions? Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just received S1 put in a fresh efest16340 positive end toward tail cap and nothing.
Any suggestions? Thank you in advance for any assistance.
Heard earlier there was a tightening quite hard to make it work issue.