New Peanut lighter....

Illum

Flashaholic
thought I throw this in here, lighthound is also starting to sell them: http://www.lighthound.com/Mini-Keychain-Lighter_p_4082.html

EDIT: FYI, the lighter mechanism insert is identical to the countycomm peanut, I just tried it and its actually more snug than the insert it came with

But the image is a really bad representation, the finish much more closely resembles hematite tumbled stones. Machining is okay, threads are rough and theres paint flakes on the inside, nothing a little spot cleaning couldn't remove.

Last edited:

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not a smoker. I have the full size peanut in SS from CC and I like it. The o-ring is great -- it makes this lighter 'Fill and Forget.' It is useless in the wind but that is a weakness that all lighters of this genre share. IIRC now CC has an o-ring kit for the peanuts and that's cool and cheap.

I've also noticed that CC is now selling just a flint tube and wheel assembly for under $5. It's tiny and would be great for throwing sparks on tinder. The o-ring kit and flint wheel will definately go on my next CC order.

...They wanted to charge me $25.00 on shipping for a $12.00 item that was no bigger than a pack of chewing gum. No thank you.

Don't buy just one thing from CC. I've ordered $125 from them and only paid $10.75 to them for shipping. I love their stuff and I often peruse their site putting a list in my head of things I will order all at once. I have never had any complaints about CC's shipping in all the years I've been ordering from them. Life is way too short to wait on DealExtreme.

Last edited:

Latest posts