New - Rayovac 6 Volt - 10 LED Floating Lantern -- Pictures

EscapeVelocity

Enlightened
Re: Budget Rayovac 6 Vollt LED Floating Lantern - 10 LED's

Thanks!

Here is the Life Gear 4 in 1 Glow LED Spotlight with Storage

This one turns on when it is immersed in water!

The Life Gear Glow LED Spotlight is the perfect accessory for any hiking, camping, water excursion, emergency or everyday use. This unique LED flashlight/spotlight opens to reveal a waterproof storage space ideal for easy access to keys or money. As a safety function, the glow LED spotlight floats and automatically turns on when immersed in water! With four lighting modes (65 Lumen LED spotlight, spotlight and glow, glow only and emergency flasher) and a waterproof storage compartment, the Life Gear Glow LED Spotlight is the ideal accessory for any event.

Life Gear 4-in-1 Glow LED Spotlight with Storage:
  • 10,000 hour LED technology, up to 65 Lumens
  • 4 AA batteries included (free replacement batteries at www.lifegear.com - pay shipping and handling only)
  • Waterproof super bight 13 LED flashlight
  • Turns on automatically when immersed in water
  • 4 light modes and 3 emergency signaling options
This one ditches the storage area and adds 2 florescent bulbs!

Life Gear 4-in-1 Glow LED Spotlight/CFL Lantern

The Life Gear 4 in 1 Glow LED Spotlight/CFL Lantern is the same as the Glow LED Spotlight, with the addition of two CFL bulbs in the base to create a 170-Lumen lantern as well. This has greatly enhanced the area lighting capabilities of the light, without sacrificing the power of the spotlight. This is a great spotlight for all emergencies and non-emergency occasions, whether it be at the home, in the car, on the boat or at the campsite. There are five light modes — 55 lumen LED flashlight/spotlight, 85 Lumen CFL lantern, 170 lumen CFL lantern, red LED glow and red emergency flasher.

Life Gear 4-in-1 Glow LED Spotlight/CFL Lantern, White:
  • 10,000 hour LED technology, up to 170 Lumen CFL and 55 Lumen LED
  • 4 AA batteries included (free replacement batteries at www.lifegear.com - pay shipping and handling only)
  • Waterproof
  • Auto-on feature in water
  • Auto-off in 1 hour
  • 5 light modes: 55 lumen LED flashlight/spotlight, 85 Lumen CFL lantern, 170 lumen CFL lantern, red LED glow and red emergency flasher

Last edited:

EscapeVelocity

Enlightened

Does this Rayovac 10 LED have a tight beam or more of a flood? Can you describe the beam/light produced by this floating lantern? Thanks.

EscapeVelocity

Enlightened

It came down to the Dorcy 13 LED or this Rayovac 10 LED. I like the Dorcy better, but I can get 2 Rayovac's for the price of one Dorcy...so. Gonna get these for emergency lights to keep at work. Try to pick them up tommorrow.

The krypton version of this lantern gets very bad reviews on Amazon...with regards to design, materials and build quality Ill check them out closely tomorrow.

Last edited:

EscapeVelocity

Enlightened

Home Depot was out of the combo unit with a lantern, two 2AA flashlights and the LED panel light. But the more I thought about it the simpler single large floating lantern made more sense, for my purposes. I inspected the Eveready 3 LED, Dorcy Illuminator, Dorcy 13 LED, Life Gear 13 LED(No folded florescent tubes) 4AA with Red LED, Rayovac Krypton Value, Rayovac Krypton Yellow with Integrated Flip Down Stand. Ill go back one more time with a Rayovac 10 LEd with battery inserted and compare it against the Life Gear 13 LED 4AA which is set up to Try ME! Id like to try the Dorcy 13 LED as well. But Im pretty happy with the two Rayovacs I picked up. They are all black, but Ill get some bright orange or yellow refelctive tape for them. The handle on these is much more comfortable than the uncomfortable Eveready 4 LED 25 Lumen, but not as comfortable as the Dorcy 13 LED Floating Lantern (which was $15 at KMart). The Dorcy was also significantly larger, with a larger head and a larger body. Most of the lanterns were flat backed tail standers but not all. The Rayovac 10 LED tailstands easy.

I wonder if an older Krypton model of floating lantern with a 1 watt LED Upgrade Bulb would compare in brightness, throw, spill, runtime. Hmmm...

Last edited:

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast

99% of the time I favor older lights that are better constructed over new, poorly manufactured junk.

Bmccue1964

Newly Enlightened

Just bought one at Walmart today for my wife's new car. Could only find the black one. So, I removed the head unit, scuffed up the case, and painted it bright yellow. I also installed the 808 alkaline battery inside of it.

unclearty

Enlightened

Picked up 2 of these yesterday at WM...less than $11........they stand on end...give off a very good amount of light. Well worth having for the next power outage. Great deal!