New Rayovac CR123's

Submariner

Newly Enlightened
Performance isn't that much of a concern to me, safe cells with good QA is what's important to me.

This thread is old but the best fit for my question.

Are these batteries made to function in cameras only or may they be used in SF flashlights? More specifically, does "photo" indicate this battery is designed differently than a SF battery?

Surefire says:

CAMERA or "PHOTO" BATTERY WARNING: DO NOT use any batteries advertised or promoted specifically for use in cameras, for photography, or for other low-drain purposes. Use only batteries labeled as safe to use in high-performance, high-drain devices, and which contain built-in fault and heat protection for added safety. The use of photographic-type batteries can constitute a safety hazard, including risk of fire or explosion, and may void your warranty. Purchase authentic, competitively priced SureFire 123A lithium batteries only from surefire.com/batteries or from authorized SureFire resellers.
You may also purchase batteries from well-known manufacturers such as Panasonic®, Energizer®, or Duracell® to ensure safe performance.

A police officer on lightfighter.net stated yesterday that:

I didn't know the difference between SF and Energizer 'photo' CR123 (and we have cases of them), and promptly blew out two incandescent bulbs. And this was just last year.