New Solarforce Y2 focusing flashlight

Blitzwing

Enlightened
Yeah, not surprised it's not a great thrower really, given the small lens and big LED.

What does it use for a pill? Does it seem easily moddable?

G. Scott H.

Enlightened
I have not disassembled the head yet, but here you can see under the lens there's an aluminum retaining ring that looks like it holds the whole head together. Not sure what's underneath, but I might have time to dig in this weekend.

FHD0008_zpswdrgee9w.jpg

The plastic lens:

FHD0010_zps0zas66ay.jpg

The light was free, and the supernatural shipping was cheap at only $27. :grin2:

~ Chance

:D

Last edited:

PapaLumen

Enlightened
Sure it's plastic? Their description mentions - "Strengthened ultra-clear glass lens with two-surface coating for high transparency and light transmittance."

G. Scott H.

Enlightened
Definitely plastic. I think the mention of the glass lens was probably just a mistake on their part. Maybe they originally intended to go glass but changed that at some point, or maybe they just inserted erroneous info that was meant for another light? I don't know.

G. Scott H.

Enlightened
Lol. A couple of really atrocious outdoor beam shots. Highest mode, about 15' from shed. First with lens slid all the way in, second all the way out. I need to figure this cam out better before I take any more. :ohgeez::D

FHD0001_zpseoyujulz.jpg

FHD0002_zpsx4qmu82g.jpg