*NEW* Surefire Titan-A (1*AAA, 15/125 lumen)

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this AAA light fully manufactured in the U.S.A. ?

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this AAA light fully manufactured in the U.S.A. ?

No word yet, but Surefire's previous products were assembled in the United States with "components sourced from domestic and international suppliers", which qualifies a product as American made under the Buy America act.

See the post here for an example of how SF puts it.

Last edited:

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
It does not matter where is made just want to be available. I am tired of the bs Surefire is pushing with waiting forever for their lights to be released, the ONLY thing that is fast is SF quickly raises prices after their lights have been released....it happened at least twice with the Peacekeeper P1R two levels and the G2X Fire Rescue Pro two levels after they came out their prices went up like 25%......so I was not able to afford it anymore, the P1R went from $175 to $225 and Fire Pro from $79 to $99.....

Last edited:

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I have been out of the loop for a while and still trying to catch up with any new advances so forgive me if this has been covered already. Is the 300 lumen figure accurate from a 1.2V power source? Is there anything currently that can compete with this claim using alkaline or ni/mh cells?

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its for sale now on battery junction.
It is for sale there but not available either.

There newsletter about it is hilarious too,they say it is exactly like the ones before them basically but better!

"Besides the LED upgrade nothing has changed,"

I guess if you consider completely different in every way but name and the fact that it is indeed a light the same then it is fair claim?

Kind of put me off the whole thing.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow the 300l version is $100, and the 125l is $60? Sounds reasonable I guess.

:(

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been out of the loop for a while and still trying to catch up with any new advances so forgive me if this has been covered already. Is the 300 lumen figure accurate from a 1.2V power source? Is there anything currently that can compete with this claim using alkaline or ni/mh cells?
Hi Robo,

Haven't seen you for a long time! The 300 lumen figure is only good for a very short while before the output steps down to somewhere more manageable for the battery. I guess this light is going to run hot real fast so it's kind of good that the output steps down. How soon it takes to step down I am not sure but I figure it is in the ballpark of a minute to three?

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
300 lumens from 1xAAA it will be useable for 1 to 5 minutes then throw away the battery. It will pretty much be completely depleted after 5 minutes.
So really besides marketing I don't see the point.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
300 lumens from 1xAAA it will be useable for 1 to 5 minutes then throw away the battery. It will pretty much be completely depleted after 5 minutes.
So really besides marketing I don't see the point.
Pretty true. Personally I don't need mega outputs on a triple A light as it is not what these lights are made and used for. IMHO, triple A lights should have a good balance between run time and reasonable output. I will prefer one that has just enough output for lighting up a room coupled with a long run time than one that lights up a warehouse and go poof in a few minutes.

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
Pjandyho good to hear from you again as well and I am catching up slowly around here. I was curious about the 300 lumen claim and if nothing else it would be a nice addition to my AAA collection. I am fairly sure it could be done with a high drain cell however it seems like it would kill an alkaline quickly. Most average users not in the know would surely use alkalines or even Ni/Mh cells. I wonder if it could use the 10440 Li/Ion cells and also is there any type of high current IMR AAA cells made today?

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, couldn't resist. Had planned to wait and not be an early adopter, but my enjoyment of AAA lights pushed me over and the result was an order for the 125 lumen version from Battery Junction.

:ohgeez:

doctordun

Enlightened
From what I understand, the 300 works best with an Eneloop, which is one of the only batteries that can keep up with the high drain demand.
That is why they supply on with the light.
Of course, I've been wrong before. I just can't remember when:shrug:

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The light comes with a Eneloop rebranded for Surefire. I definitely would not use a Li Ion cell with the light. It would be a handwarmer. Lol