*NEW* Surefire Titan-A (1*AAA, 15/125 lumen)

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
kreisl, ebay doesn't charge, its the seller. Some sellers had them listed for $69 or so bucks last week!! I am guessing supply and demand has taken over.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why does ebay charge 150$ for the 125lm version?

Isn't that double the list price (RRP)?

Like Str8stroke said, that's not eBay, it's the individual seller. When I saw those prices I suspected they were trying to take advantage of those who are familiar with the older T1A Titan (and its much higher MSRP) and who haven't heard about the new Titan A with its $59 MSRP.

Surefire official says "triple A lithium ion battery - it puts 300lm on high"

He just misspoke, sort of. SureFire hasn't said anything about supporting the higher voltage of 10440 lithium-ion rechargeable batteries. The 300 lumen rating is achieved with lithium AAA batteries and maybe the rebranded Eneloops. An alkaline AAA may be used but I think output will be less but now I can't remember for sure.

euthymic

Newly Enlightened
I got a chance to briefly play with the 125lm version when stopping by the Surefire office this afternoon. However, I'm not sure if it was representative of shipping models as the sales guy borrowed one from a tech inside (they didn't have any in the showroom). Construction seemed very nice and the threads felt really good when screwing and unscrewing. Anodizing seemed nice and thick. Beam.... hard to judge since this was inside a lit room but maybe just a bit ringy with some subtle color shift towards the periphery. However, it was a sunlit room and it looked to have depleted batteries so really tough to tell. Unfortunately, I didn't have my cell as I had just finished running errands at the Costco next door (and thus decided to stop over and see if they had any for sale yet). Based on what I saw I will certainly be picking up a few and will really be looking forward to the high output model as I like the idea of a quick release mechanism.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brass nice, how much it weighs ?

Last I saw, about 1.8 ounces.

DSCF3881.jpg

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I gotta buy one of those for my wife asap
I almost bought one last night but I'm waiting to read a review here to see what the machining, beam pattern and tint are like.

I'll probably be just going for the black one, but may change my mind after seeing what the general consensus is.

[email protected]

Newly Enlightened
Just picked up 3 Titan-As from my distributor and with shipping factored in, if you can get them for MSRP and want one, go for it. The gray thing shown in the packaging photo is just a piece of foam with the extra length for the Titan Plus. Instruction sheet says it can use rechargeable AAA NiMH or disposable AAA alkalines. The guarantee states that rechargeable batteries are warranted for 2 years from date of purchase. On the light I am playing with, the emitter is not centered and the beam is slightly flattened on two sides. On the other two, the emitters are centered. As others have posted, the battery is a Surefire labeled NiMH min 750 mAh 1.2v battery but unlike all my Eneloops that are made in Japan, this battery is made in China. If I look closely I can see some machining marks but that is being picky. It easily replaces my green 3p but time will tell if it replaces the Fenix E01 on the key ring especially since the 300 lumen Titan-B is on order.

[email protected]

Newly Enlightened
Yes, starts in the low setting, need to turn off then you have a second to turn it on for the high setting. Light is more of a flood in low, in the high setting it will light up roughly 12 feet wide @40 feet distance. As to color, someone else will have to judge as I'm color deficient, I would say it is on the colder side. The people who saw it tonight were impressed by the high setting indoors under Florescent light.

LumensMaximus

Enlightened
LM, that is awesome.

Since you have 2 and all, time for a Giveaway!! LOL Share some love! Show some heart, everyone else would give one away, why not be like them?? :thinking: (did my guilt trip work??)

In the famous words of the RHCP, "GIVE IT AWAY NOW!"

Ha :wave:, Yes, your guilt trip did work, I do feel guilty now :huh: but even though I love RHCP, I'm not giving any up just yet...my grandson loves to play with my lights, I think he'll be getting them all someday. It's tough though looking at them and waiting for some more to show up...I know some will feel sorry for me having that pressure :nana:.