• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

NEW WORLD ORDER 4 THROW - V54 World that is HaHa*

luxxlightsaber

Enlightened
Eagletac M30CvnT is the best V54 reflector thrower for the size
Equipped with XPG2 PDT + DriverVN4 the Specs are:
Lumen 685
Intensity 300Kcd
Throw 1100m

VS

M30Cvn?
Lumen 730
Intensity 500Kcd
Throw 1414m

An increased of 200Kcd!!!
That's 66% in intensity!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My best thrower of all time is the TN42vn with XPG2 S4 Dedome + DriverVNX2. Specs below:

Lumen: 830-870
Intensity: 850-940Kcd
Throw: 1844m-1940m

VS

TN42vn?
Lumen: 700
Intensity: 1100Kcd or 1.1Mcd !!!!!
Throw: 2098m

I FINALLY BROKE 1Mcd!!!!!

sst40?

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
So it was an Osram Oslon Black Flat! I been spending too much time at BLF recently.

I am very interested for it in an L2vn but your cons make it sound expensive.

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cons:
Negative & Thermal pad is shared on the LED. For now this mean this LED can only operate as single mode in light with mechanical switch only.

All drivers support this emitter. Just use some artic silver alumina thermal adhesive as it non conductive to electrically insulate.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
All drivers support this emitter. Just use some artic silver alumina thermal adhesive as it non conductive to electrically insulate.

I belive that would limit thermal transfer vs direct copper bonding and thus less max output

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
How's the tint of the Black Flat compared to the XPG2 PDT and SST40 thin dome? How's the power draw and estimated run time on the max output of the Black Flat compared to the XPG2?

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
How's the tint of the Black Flat compared to the XPG2 PDT and SST40 thin dome? How's the power draw and estimated run time on the max output of the Black Flat compared to the XPG2?

Draws about 4.5 to 5A similar to most cree
Very cool tint

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olson footprint is smaller than xpl. Hard to focus the beam ( is it worth time?).. this led might be good in aspheric lens. I think i like sst40 dedome and xpg2 dedome better.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Olson footprint is smaller than xpl. Hard to focus the beam ( is it worth time? YES! Hell yes! So many LEDs has been released since the XPG2 but none throw better than it. not even the mighty XHP35 HI which is a great LED but did not claim king of throw LED. So this is huge! ).. this led might be good in aspheric lens. I think i like sst40 dedome and xpg2 dedome better. We all define better differently but there is no deying that this LED produces XPG2 output and out throws it by a large margin! 300Kcd to 500Kcd is not incremental. Its almost a revolution!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
TN42vn with Oslon Black is the 1st light that I have tested to reach and surpass 1Mcd. I have tested 1 DeftX and only got 850Kcd! TN42vn with XPG2 S4 Dedome only average 900Kcd. Oslon Black got the Tn42vn to 1.2Mcd at turn on! and 1.1 Mcd after 30s! May be I am over hyping this but I am honestly hyped up. I have always been a reflector throw guy and you guys have no idea how many times I bang myself on the head with repeated tests and could not surpass 1Mcd. So yes to me this is HUGE! ;-)

Last edited:

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
TN42vn with Oslon Black is the 1st light that I have tested to reach and surpass 1Mcd. I have tested 1 DeftX and only got 850Kcd! TN42vn with XPG2 S4 Dedome only average 900Kcd. Oslon Black got the Tn42vn to 1.2Mcd at turn on! and 1.1 Mcd after 30s! May be I am over hyping this but I am honestly hyped up. I have always been a reflector throw guy and you guys have no idea how many times I bang myself on the head with repeated tests and could not surpass 1Mcd. So yes to me this is HUGE! ;-)
Glad your hard work payed off. Great for you and us. Congrats

jfhrtn

Newly Enlightened
Congrats on surpassing that 1Mcd benchmark. It is a heck of an achievement

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Black Flat is an old chip too, I believe it was introduced in 2012 and intended for car headlights. Imagine a 2017 version of it.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

Congrats Vinh! I look forward to seeing this new emitter in some lights for sale at Sky Lumen.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
The Black Flat is an old chip too, I believe it was introduced in 2012 and intended for car headlights. Imagine a 2017 version of it.

How come noone told me about this?!?!?!?

Richard sent me one as a sample. I dont even think he sells them as there are no demands. When I got the package I opened up and saw the LED. I was like another boring LED. Then I dropped it on my carpet. I spent 30 second looking and decided oh well. Likely junk anyways. Couple days later I accidently found it on the floor looking for a xpg2 I dropped. Then I found it! Immediately I tried it in the M30CvnT I was working on that the xpg2 dedome I dropped was suppose to go in. Good thing this easy customer told me I can do whatever I want. He just need the longest throw rifle light for $200. And that's how this LED came to life in my lab ;-)

ven

Flashaholic
Cool story vinh, crazy how some one ends up with an even more amazing thrower than planned.................could have thrown a few ninja's in there coming to take it from you, kind of little excitement over finding it in the carpet:p

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast
How come noone told me about this?!?!?!?

Richard sent me one as a sample. I dont even think he sells them as there are no demands. When I got the package I opened up and saw the LED. I was like another boring LED. Then I dropped it on my carpet. I spent 30 second looking and decided oh well. Likely junk anyways. Couple days later I accidently found it on the floor looking for a xpg2 I dropped. Then I found it! Immediately I tried it in the M30CvnT I was working on that the xpg2 dedome I dropped was suppose to go in. Good thing this easy customer told me I can do whatever I want. He just need the longest throw rifle light for $200. And that's how this LED came to life in my lab ;-)

Better be careful---The First One is always free from the DEALER-----LOL